Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pregnant, married 1 month!Can I get support?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant, married 1 month!Can I get support?

I am overwhelmed and everyhting I read is different.

I am 4 months pregnant.We just got married a month ago, together for 9 months.

Am I going to be able to get spousal support and then child support after the baby is born?

I have no idea how I will get a job while pregnant and I will only have 500$ a month from Maternity.

I am so lost and cant imagine that I can be left out on the street like this..pregnant.

My H makes ALOT of money, does anyone have any advice?

P.s I am seeking legal aid.

You are assured some level of child support. Most likely spousal support, but since the marriage was short, the spousal support duration may eventually terminate (by another court order).

Does the father want joint custody and 50-50. What about you?

Can you work? Is daycare an option if the father cannot look after the child?

Comment

What a terrible situation. As for child support you can find tables here http://www.justice.gc.ca/en/ps/sup/grl/Pdftab.htm which should give you an idea of what you can expect once the child is born.

Spousal support for a 1 month marriage would be not really the norm, but all you really need to show is the means and the needs and I would imagine being pregnant might be a special circumstance. You need to talk to your lawyer about this.

Do you still live with him? You have an equal right to the family home - even if it is a rented apt. I wouldn't move out until you get some legal advice.

Good luck and hope you find some more answers here.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X