Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:11 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

I just want to unread the whole thing.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:19 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Mom View Post
I just want to unread the whole thing.
There was fair warning at the beginning...
Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
There was fair warning at the beginning...
True enough. My mistake. LOL
Old 02-07-2014, 01:48 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Well that was one big, yummy plate of batshit crazy.

Quote:
I will start with a few basic assumptions:
(1) I do not need to explain Archie Bunker's joke to you, do I?
(2) Sex is magic.
(3) Sex with someone you love is better than sex with someone you do not love.
(4) Love Is A Battlefield
(5) Love Is A Drug
(6) When a man and a woman copulate, they are joined as one flesh.
(7) Everybody has a soul.
(8) The definition of marriage and family are both variable across the common public.
(9) Marriage is love and hat love is confirmed or denied through sexual activity or lack thereof.
(10) Sex outside of marriage is a sin and the wages of sin are death.
WTH? Seriously...

Fricken wingnut.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Interesting.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I offer no comment on it whatsoever, I wasn't asking to call you out or start a debate - was simply curious to know what you meant.

I do relate much of what you're saying to Original Sin, for whatever that's worth to you.

I sense these are edicts within a religion. Would you care to share just which religion (even privately via PM message)?

Some interesting concepts there, and would like to read more about it.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:06 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

^agree WO - thus my request for a "source" which he so clearly gets his material from....
Old 02-07-2014, 02:21 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

I confess I'm still not understanding most everything you meant, though I do agree with you about some of what little I did understand.

What is so specific about the virgin/non-virgin divide? What is it about having sex once that flips a switch in someone to be a good parent or not? How does having sex for the first time turn someone from a patient person to an impatient person? Plus, you kind of have to be a non-virgin to be a parent at all!

I think I'm seeing virginity as some sort of stand-in for virtue (Archie Bunker joke coming into play here?) for you? There are two kinds of people in the world, evil and good, and only experience with sex distinguishes them? That seems very limited and odd.

Where do arranged marriages without love come in? How about second marriages following a death? How about people whose virginity was ended via rape instead of by consent?

My definition of marriage is a public contract to create a lifetime respectful financial/sexual/emotional partnership with another person. Love is more complicated, but I guess my simple definition of love is devotion to another person's well-being and happiness.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:30 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarX View Post
....and understand my opinion.
Thank you. There is enough in there for me to relate my opinion to some of your axioms of faith and other things you may assume to be true. Your voting thing, though? I am not sure! That sounds like a cognitive dissonance on your part!
You can call it cognitive dissonance, I call it being flexible in my thinking. Not being chained to one set of idea's/value's in which I feel I must define myself. I see good and bad in many intellectual/spiritual ideas all across the world. I pick and choose what to believe in -- based on my morals and ethics.

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, that is enough to understand the rest of my opinion. However, I am not going to over-estimate anybody's intelligence nor their intent. Therefore, I will crank it up to 11 and continue.
Just for your personal reference, this quote above (the implication within it) is exactly why you're getting some un-helpful responses to your posts.

Quote:
Now, you need to tell me a couple things:
What is your definition of marriage? What is your definition of love?
My definition of Marriage

My definition of Love

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
...Where do arranged marriages without love come in? How about second marriages following a death? How about people whose virginity was ended via rape instead of by consent?...

Yeppers ... I think we know what religion this might stem from....

Wonder if he'll cite his "holy book" ?

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I sense these are edicts within a religion. Would you care to share just which religion (even privately via PM message)?
Quote:
(11) The desire to have sex outside of marriage comes from an evil force of nature.
There is nothing evil about the human desire to have sex. Its perfectly normal and natural. There is nothing inherently evil about sexual desire...its perfectly healthy and normal. Sexual desire can manifest itself into unnatural tendencies both outside AND inside of marriage. Marriage guarantees nothing in the way of sexual purity.

The marriage contract is simply that...a contract. Its origins had to do with the fact that women were considered chattel.

Lots of unmarried people have committed relationships and simply choose not to get married because the contractual obligation often doesn't meet their needs.

Lots of married people have open relationships in which they engage in various sexual practices with other partners and yet stay married.

The whole post was judgey and nuts. To imply that someone that decides to have sex outside of marriage is more inclined to rape, or is teaching bad things to children, or is contributing to the downfall of society, etc...is just ridiculous.

Quote:
(10) Sex outside of marriage is a sin and the wages of sin are death.
Reading this post actually reminded me of some kind of wierd, freaky extremist religion horror book like Children of the Corn. Totally nuts.