Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:43 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road
Default Ha!

LiveLeak.com - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Comes "Clean"
Old 11-03-2013, 03:52 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, following closely.

He hasn't admitted to anything other than a vague, unspecified "mistake." That could mean he picked up 2% milk instead of homo. We know what he thinks of homos.

His statement would have meaning if he specified what his mistake(s) were, what caused him to make those mistakes, how he is going to redress those mistakes, and why we should believe he is not going to repeat those mistakes.

As far as I'm concerned, one of those "mistakes" was hiring a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to recover and dispose of evidence of a criminal "mistake." I'm sorry, I need more than a vague apology.

I think wasting an opportunity to use a broadcast to the entire city to come clean is another mistake.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 AM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

The Daily Show 11/04/13 The Crackhead Mayor - YouTube
Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 AM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Yeah, following closely.

He hasn't admitted to anything other than a vague, unspecified "mistake." That could mean he picked up 2% milk instead of homo. We know what he thinks of homos.

His statement would have meaning if he specified what his mistake(s) were, what caused him to make those mistakes, how he is going to redress those mistakes, and why we should believe he is not going to repeat those mistakes.

As far as I'm concerned, one of those "mistakes" was hiring a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to recover and dispose of evidence of a criminal "mistake." I'm sorry, I need more than a vague apology.

I think wasting an opportunity to use a broadcast to the entire city to come clean is another mistake.
The Mayor of Montreal was accused, found guilty of fraud and booted out of city hall in disgrace. Then interim mayor Applebaum was arrested for breach of trust and more fraud ... the only mistake here is keeping these clowns in office once "mistakes" have been proven. Mayor Ford should either resign or be sent packing.

Senator's or mayor's, they are paid by taxpayer's and must be held accountable.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 AM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

He obviously has no intention of resigning, based on his statements and his actions. He's apparently determined to make an absolute mockery of himself and his position, and apparently it will be allowed.

He should be kicked out, if nothing more than for being an absolute embarassment to the city of Toronto and the entire country.

Guess he figured if Trudeau could get away with barely a scratch for having admitted pot smoking, he could do the same for crack smoking. Not nearly the same thing at all, and at least Trudeau was upfront about it and didn't spend a year denying it, or defending himself with statements like "I didn't lie, they didn't ask the right question..."
Old 11-06-2013, 02:33 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

And at least Trudeau didn't hire a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to obtain the incriminating video.

I find the "arguments" of right wing nuts (as opposed to right wing reasonably coherent individuals) completely absurd. A couple of months ago they were vigorously denouncing Trudeau; now they are denouncing "leftists" for seeing Ford's behaviour as far more reprehensible than Trudeau's.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:41 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
And at least Trudeau didn't hire a known criminal with a history of violence to use extortion to obtain the incriminating video.

I find the "arguments" of right wing nuts (as opposed to right wing reasonably coherent individuals) completely absurd. A couple of months ago they were vigorously denouncing Trudeau; now they are denouncing "leftists" for seeing Ford's behaviour as far more reprehensible than Trudeau's.
Trudeau admitted to doing something legal, which possessing small amounts and using is in this country, by some supreme court rulings. Trudeau made the statement to further his agenda of pushing for the legalization of marijauna. Many conservatives don't have an issue with this. His father admitted to having comsumed it in a foreign country(thereby having not admitted to breaking Canadian laws).

Smoking crack is against the law, but one or two incidents would likely not get a trial. But he not only smoked it, he lied about it, he blamed the police, the media, the left, and just about anyone else for his problems. One of his close friends has been charged with extortion regarding the video, and if Ford knew and/or encouraged this extortion, he could be guilty of some serious crimes.

Frankly yesterday was not an apology, there was no remorse, no apology for blaming others.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:54 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

I bet he gets voted in again, by Toronto, if he stays until election time.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:59 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
I would bet not. The documents the police released wer heavily redacted (blacked out), and will preumably be released at the trial with all the information. That will be enough to sink him I think.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
Not if I have anything to do with it.