No announcement yet.

Here we are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old is the child that is not working or in school that you are still paying child support for? Do you know if she has plans for school this September?

Comment

18 and she has no plans for school until next year. Same thing happened for the first kid which extended the amount of cs past the timeline in their agreement. It is also the basis of the dispute currently before the court.

I am convinced that kid 1 wants to go back to school and the delay is so the ex can put together a case for both kids to have additional years of schooling paid for. Not sure why she does that since her portion of the expense is 70%.

Comment

Motion date tomorrow. Crossing my fingers the judge sees through the giant heap of bullshit the ex has thrown.

Quick question though...if the motion is tomorrow, what is the timeline on filing anything else? Another affidavit from someone not a party to the matter was filed Friday. It didn’t come to the lawyer until today. Thats not proper filing correct? It would have had to be filed and served on him by Thursday at 3?

Comment

Fingers crossed for you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            Motion date tomorrow. Crossing my fingers the judge sees through the giant heap of bullshit the ex has thrown.

Quick question though...if the motion is tomorrow, what is the timeline on filing anything else? Another affidavit from someone not a party to the matter was filed Friday. It didn’t come to the lawyer until today. Thats not proper filing correct? It would have had to be filed and served on him by Thursday at 3?

Will be thinking of you!! Let us know how it’s goes!!! Hopefully judge throws the pile of bs at the ex!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck tomorrow!!! And I mean "luck" as in something that I am learning, is court can be a "crap shot".

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and looking forward to your thoughts and comments, your posts are so informative and such a huge help to all. I am just hoping that some peace can come yours and your partners way.

Comment

Positive thoughts are with you tomorrow. Look forward to your comments. Thanks always for sharing all of this with us.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

It was five hours broken over three sessions. His ex got schooled by the judge and my partner got some serious vindication from the judge.

The ex was pretty confident and was just obnoxious. The judge went to town on her and her requests. Also went after her for what she has done and how she wasted the courts time.

He won and was awarded $3000 in costs.

Comment

YAY!!! Congrats. Does this mean its finally over for you and your partner?

Comment

No. This motion was for a list of disclosure. They will still need to resolve the financial dispute and draft a new order for school expenses. Hopefully the words of the judge resonated and she stops with the stupidity and works within the law.

Comment

congratulations!

Is the costs award enforceable by FRO? Now that would be something wouldn't it?

Comment

No the costs award isn’t FRO enforceable but shes a self righteous martyr so she will pay. If she doesn’t then when they work out the math on the school expenses and child support he will request it be subtracted.

Thank you for all your kind comments. We woke up feeling hung over this morning. I want to order the transcripts. Do they take minutes during motions? My partner just kept remembering things last night and I figured it would be best to have the transcripts so when his kids come at him he can quote the judge directly. I wont get into details publicly because they would identify us if she found this forum. If you have specific questions just pm me.

I want to say there was a silver bullet that sunk her but it was a number of things. The biggest was the lack of humility. She self repped because of self righteous attitude and it backfired. She had no decorum in the court. Argued with the judge and interrupted my partners lawyer to the point where she was reprimanded by the judge. Her materials were a mess. The judge flat out said he had no idea what she was asking for and when he figured it out from my partners affidavit the answer was still no. He also told her she should have hired a lawyer because they would have told her how wrong she was. It was a waste of time.

It also helped that the judge was knowledgeable. He is an expert, is a speaker on family law and has been on the bench for almost 20 years. He was not tolerating her bs.

The worst part is the kids. They won’t get it. They will only hate him more now. He accepts that and said he needs to grieve for their loss and move on with his life. Its the saddest part that they will continue to live this victim behaviour because their mother refuses to accept responsibility.

Comment

Yes order the transcripts. Read them over very carefully. On the last transcript I ordered and received there were errors (the transcript had put in words that I do not ever use). The transcript was corrected and I received revised copy.

Transcripts, in my case, are extremely important. The last judge relied on previous transcripts to uphold Order and show how my ex repeatedly lies to court. I will forever love the judge's statement "he does not come to court with clean hands."

Transcripts will help the judge the next time you go to court in seeing what a disaster the other party is.

Comment

I ended up not getting the transcripts as they were five hours long and would have cost about $2000.

Im bumping this because its been almost two months and my fiancé has yet to receive either an order or the items the judge ordered the ex to provide. She was also ordered to pay costs by January 3. He has asked his lawyer’s office if they have anything and has not received an answer. He was going to wait to follow up when it came time for the costs payment.

Do you normally get an order following a motion like this? How long does it take? How will her refusal to comply in the 30days impact the settlement conference?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X