Form 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 15

There are a lot of things I want to change BUT it is too much for me to do all at once.

Am I allowed to make changes for child support only and a change of access that already took place. Citing changes since the court order / agreement.
    THEN
    a year from now make more change requests based on actions from that same period of time for custody or anything else?

thanks.

The court may not take too kindly to multiple motions to change over years. You may want to put it all in one if you want the changes done. Especially if those changes are relatively straight forward.

What are the number of changes you want?

Comment

This one:
      child support ongoing
      over payment of child support (from me)
      back child support (to me)
      Minor items that should changed because they have become employed.

Change of the access schedule.

Another one:
      Some custody changes because the other party is not doing what they are supposed to do via the court order and so I should be allowed to do them and they have also blocked medical items they should not of.

Basically the other party will not agree to any facts and will for certain keep lying and say X or X was not true. They will also file a counter motion. A bit of a shit show.

Comment

If you have proof then it doesnt matter what they say.

It’s best to just file a motion for all of it. You just list the items in the agreement that need to be changed.

Child support is easy, you just provide proof of the income and calculations. Update custody and then request the things you need like medical decisions etc.

Comment

If you are bringing a motion to change then, be prepared to walk the gauntlet of the Material Change requirements. You can't just say something "changed" you have to prove it changed and it is material enough to change the existing order.

You really need to talk to a lawyer.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X