Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14B Motion

Situation:
    CP refusing to provide certain info to NCP regarding child's health/education/well being after email requests, purely out of spite. NCP cannot gather this info on their own as they have not been provided with the appropriate names/contact info to get this info from. After email requests CP's response was to "try and go through court to get it"

Ok, no problem. Went ahead and served CP with Form 20 Request for Information. Am I correct in assuming the next step would be (if info isn't sent within the provided for timeline) filing for a motion using Form 14B (seeing how as this is a very uncomplicated matter. NCP has access with child and has rights to this info being requested)? Also, because of covid I am assuming an uncomplicated matter like this would be dealt with by relying on written submissions only and neither party would actually have to attend?

14B Motion

I think it would be a motion for disclosure. My husbands ex filed a form 20 with a motion for disclosure.

Is it a case of the ncp doesn’t know where the parent is taking the kid for appointments? Because if they do know then they should be able to provide the agreement/order to the medical professional or school.

ETA: yes it is 14B with an order for disclosure and ongoing disclosure. Know though that cp could go back to their old ways and ncp would have to keep filing for contempt.
    Last edited by rockscan; 10-20-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

A motion for disclosure is just filed using 14B though correct?

It is an issue of the NCP knowing that the child is having appointments that have to do with their education/well being/health but aren’t related directly to the school or family doctor and the CP is just being difficult and won’t provide the contact info. And because it’s not through school/family doctor, the NCP has no way of contacting anybody to find out the info.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post

ETA: yes it is 14B with an order for disclosure and ongoing disclosure. Know though that cp could go back to their old ways and ncp would have to keep filing for contempt.
        Awesome thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X