No announcement yet.

Acess /Moving & denying court orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it was an honest question, I don't know anyone who needs their child's SIN to file their own taxes. Truly curious as to why that would be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDad23 View Post
      Why is this an issue for people responding to this guy's post. RESP's are one reason.

It's Important for Your Child To Have a SIN Number:

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-resou...nce-number.jsp

Janus, why are you bullying newcomers?

Not a good reflection on ODF if this is the way people who just want a question answered are being treated.

Glad you weren't around when I was posting and asking what might have seemed to be dumb questions to some people.
      nothing that Janus said would I consider bullying in this instance. Not everyone is going to hear what they want to hear. Its called reality. bmw was bullying when he started with the personal attack. Asking a poster to clarify why something is important to him to have is an acceptable question.

Comment

If you file Income tax report with RCA for your child, you need his SIN number.

If you file your own Income tax report, especially the electronic version directly to RCA, the system will ask you a bunch of info such as their address, age, SIN, incomes, etc... Good to have the SIN, but doesn't matter if you leave it blank.

The only relevant information they need, is if the child is under your custody or not. That way the system will calculate the child benefits and credits that you are allowed to claim. If it's a shared custody, your order should state how this should be reported between you and your ex to RCA.

YoungDad23 is right with his post and the link he provided is a good reference.

Also, he is right with his comment on newcomers. Most of the people going through divorce are stressed, worried of the outcomes, depressed, some don't see their children, some lost their home, some face bankruptcy, some are dealing with charges, etc... etc.... and for most, they don't deserve this. They just have to face the reality and go through this. So ODF members... go straight to the point and stick with the facts. If you don't know the answer and have nothing good to say, don't reply. If you have an idea, leave a comment. If you have a clear view on the topic, answer with references to support your point. The idea is any question could be a good question for the OP and for the readers as well.

For instance... Janus has a son. One day, he came back home crying... "Janus... the teacher at school told me in front of the class that I was always asking stupid questions and now everyone in the class laughed at me! Snif!
        I don't want to go to school anymore!"

We don't want newcomers to leave the ODF. All inputs should be treated as gold.

Comment

Originally posted by mafia007 View Post
          For instance... Janus has a son. One day, he came back home crying... "Janus... the teacher at school told me in front of the class that I was always asking stupid questions and now everyone in the class laughed at me!
          I would use that as a teaching moment for my son to discuss how to respond to verbal attacks. I would also be quite surprised since to be honest the kid is a genius. If a teacher thought his question was stupid, it is probably because she didn't understand the question.

It helps later in life when people attack you on forums for no good reason. BMW is like that teacher, and you and youngdad are the class laughing at me. So, what should I do?

I'll go off to a corner and cry while I await your learned response.

We don't want newcomers to leave the ODF. All inputs should be treated as gold.
          Everybody has their role in the forum ecosystem. Yours can be to treat everybody as gold. I'm more comfortable in other roles.

That said, I was being quite nice to bmw, he's the one who went off the deep end.

I predict a very poor outcome for him unless he learns to control his emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
            I'll go off to a corner and cry while I await your learned response.
            No Janus, you're wrong. I'm not laughing at your son but standing with him to see if his questions are relevant.

Now out of your corner as several comments/advices you had provided in numerous threads were treated as gold for my own situation.

Comment

I thank the members who were positive. I have no need to just randomly come up with questions on a forum.
              Just to clarify - The court requires my tax returns from 2014. I have to put in I was married at that time and there was no custody issues. Thereby, the child's SIN card number for that time.
              I do have other questions on how to approach my coming court date. I suppose I can create another thred with other questoins?!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X