This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its amazing....

It's amazing to see some Fathers fight like mad to get joint custody and access to their children... Your children are soooo lucky to have Fathers like you!!!!

It's even more amazing when some Fathers just walk away and pretend their children don't even exist!!

I am one of those fathers that wouldn't miss an access visit with my kids. I see them once a week after school and every other weekend. I also have them 3 weeks in the summer and 1 week at Christmas as well as other days in the year.

I fought for either sole or shared custody and got access instead. I am academically involved with both of them helping them with their school assignments and homework weekly. I make sure every time I have them that we all have fun together and do things they like. As a result they have great marks in school and have adjusted to the divorce and I know they love to be with me.

I couldn't imagine how some fathers just abandon their own children or make them such a low priority. My heart goes out to those kids and to the mothers who have to explain why their father doesn't care to see them.

Comment

There is the other side to that story as well...While I try to remain as active my teenaged kids lives as much as I can, they have been slowly turned against me and parental alienation, while I thought was a load of BS, actually does exist. Both sides need access to the children and neither should demonize the other. I continue to be the "cash cow" and that is all that I am seen as by my kids and the ex. She seems to think I owe her something...not sure what but after 7 years it seems she thinks it should be indefinite. After spending close to $50K on legal fees on my side and she probably the same, it makes no sense that one would take that money away from the future in order to get what is perceived to be "owed". I may sound bitter but I am not....I try to live my life as best I can and keep chipping away at the problem. Its about moving forward not looking at the past – the past is just that, the past.

Comment

As much as I hate my ex right now and can't stand to see his face, I coun't myself lucky that my kids have such a great father. He truly loves those two more than anything and know he would do anything for them.

I wish he would let me go, and move on with his life and focus on his life instead of mine, he tries to be wayyyyy to involved in my life and it really is a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post

It's even more amazing when some Fathers just walk away and pretend their children don't even exist!!
          Absolutley AMAZING!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X