Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My apologies Nadia for misinterpretation of who did what - Ramification of RX allergy meds the night before and still half asleep this morning.

Hope your seeking costs. Also I think their conduct is sufficient to change existing joint custodial order... considering their efforts to promote discord and what impact it might be having on your child and you as a parent. For the sake of your child, the nonsense has to end.

Comment

I agree with LV, Nadia...if it goes forth, counter with a vexatious litigant claim and a clause for reverting to sole...that way, there is no "next time".

Comment

So you proceed/bluff all the way to trial knowing that your costs are recoverable. The other side knows what time it is. They will cave at the court house steps, latest.

Comment

Ok, I have managed to put together a retainer to have representation in court. Lawyer reckons chances are that we will win and will also be awarded costs. But family court is a funny place. I don't think one can take anything for granted.

Comment

question

Originally posted by Nadia View Post
            . Lawyer reckons chances are that we will win and will also be awarded costs.
            Just a thought, do all lawyers tell their clients they have a good shot at winning? Do they ever say, I don't know, you dont have a chance in hell but lets go for it?

Nadia, it has nothing to do with your situation, Im just left wondering if they go around and tell everyone that.
            Like would your ex's lawyer say to ex, you got a good chance of winning?

Comment

Tug,

I think you are probably right!

Although lawyer has been very honest and up front with me so far. In the past he has told me we have a 50/50 chance and fortunately for us we won.

Ex is representing himself. But he will accept nothing short of winning. That in itself can be a disadvantage because it indicates unwillingness to be reasonable or compromise on anything.
              Last edited by Nadia; 09-29-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

A disadvantage to who? You or him? Maybe him being self represented is a good thing. He can't keep that crazy side of him locked up for even a short while.... and there will be noone stepping in except the judge once he starts making an ass of himself.
                Yes, 50/50 is pretty much what they say to everyone! Just like playing the lotto.

Comment

Disadvantage to both parties I think. Everyone loses when one party is being unreasonable.

He is pretty good at behaving himself in court. He has only slipped up once. We were before a judge back in July. He interrupted the Judge midflow and stated, "Can I speak now!" She told him she had heard enough. But that didn't stop him. He just carried on. She then threatened to call security if he didn't leave her court room. If we get the same Judge, then that might help, she is unlikely to forget him. But chances of getting the same Judge are a little better then winning the lottery.

Comment

Well get your lawyer to get him worked up and maybe he will continue to show his true self again and again infront of the judge.

Comment

An update on the situation:

We went to trial last October on the contempt matter. Opposing party performed very poorly at the trial. He came off as being very vindictive and angry focusing mostly on his needs and not the children. At source was credibility and it was found that he had deliberately mis-led the court.

Trial decision came through just before Christmas. The Judge made it clear that this case should never have gone to trial.

I was NOT found in contempt for any of the alleged breaches. I feel vindicated.

The opposing party was not labelled a vexatious litigant but was prohibited from bringing forward any further motions without first obtaining leave from the court.

Last week we received the cost endorsement from the Judge of $18,000 against the opposing party.

It is thankfully over. I can now move forward with 2011.

Thank you to Logicalvelocity, Mess, Dad to the End, Billie and Tug of War for all your helpful advice and support.
                      Last edited by Nadia; 01-20-2011, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Congratulations!! Your very welcome!!

Feel free to come to or donate some of those awarded costs to our Wednesday round table, where we really just hit up a bar, play pool, get hammered, where lampshades and pretend to know a little about Family Law
                        Last edited by dadtotheend; 01-20-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
                          You can self represent in any family matter.
                          But is self representation a wise choice?? What if the other party gets a lawyer?? AM i required as well?? I dont know how to self represent... although I dont know how to do it with lawyers either. I am scared to death of this whole process!!! And all I am looking for is a support oder.... that I should have done 2 years ago

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X