Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mediate child support? Is this recommended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinton View Post
    no no it's not a personal thing and I'm actually on your side. just thinking of questions a judge may have.

It's not about you or your future. it's about your kids and whats best for your kids now. why should your kids miss out or your partner pay your dues cuz you don't want to flip burgers and want to only work only a few hours a day for your own personal luxury?

I'm in i.t. I should be in school finishing engineering but took a job so my child could benefit NOW. yes I continue my schooling part time but I maintain the same income and take it higher every year. if I lost my job would I do what you're doing and refuse to work at fastfood crap? probably. would a judge be okay with it? probably not.

just agree to no child support and walk. go take a vacation. is this seriously worth an extra $80 a month? is it worth the stress? not even worth my 5 minutes of time to reply to this.
    I work full time 37.5 hours at my job.
    And then I come home and work 2-4 hours at my business. Not that long every night, but at least add 15 hours a week, more sometimes.
    So I am working 60+hours a week..not a few.
    So there is no luxury in this.
    The increase is $80 but he has not paid anything for 2 months. So this isn't about $80 anymore but much more.

I realize that you are all looking for holes to make sure I got my head on straight and am "fighting" for something worth fighting for. I very much appreciate the reality check. I don't want to waste court time either, or create drama where we could find common ground.
    I only asked about child support in this thread, but there is much more important stuff on the table. Go read my other threads. I am just trying to sort out what should be addressed in mediation and what shouldn't.
    Thanks all of you for your input. It has helped

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
      Arabian I did not pay anyone in network marketing to train me. The training is in my coaching career, I have certifications from 3 recognized boards and the trainers are certified to train in those boards. If the judge cares to dig that far for an issue of $4000 then I can certainly bring proof of both my payments and my certificates. They are welcome to call the boards themselves.

What sort of "coaching" are we talking about? Lifeskills, gymnastics, rugby? Is this "coaching" something that people make a living (salary) doing? What "board" are you referring to?

I'm trying to put this into proper context.

Comment

It's a little like life coaching but quicker. Mindset and transformation coaching.
        I'm certified by the American boards in NLP, hypnotherapy and the coaching federation. Yes many people make a viable living in this career and most of them start it midlife as a career change.

Comment

so who pays for your services? How do they pay for the services?

Multi-level marketing, such as Amway, sold cleaning products. How does your business differ from Amway?d Do you try to get people to sign up under you and then recruit people under them?

Comment

Look none of that is answering my question. If you would like to discuss business then please send me a PM.
            Yes my coaching services are paid directly by the client. The same as any counselling or coaching business.

Comment

What I'm getting at is.... do you have a registered business?.... GST/HST business number or do you have an exempt status?

This is in relation to what is and is not a legitimate business expense.

Comment

presumably your business is along the lines of this?www.archcanada.ca/index.php/en/

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                  presumably your business is along the lines of this?www.archcanada.ca/index.php/en/

Interesting.
                  Yes similar. Though that is only one part of it

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something, or don't have enough knowledge on this stuff, but wouldn't utilizing MEP, FRO or whichever it is in your province help to prevent these sort of games? At the very least if he tries withholding child support to get what he wants out of you, those organizations will impose consequences for it, and generally changes don't happen without a court order.

Comment

You have a good point Soiled. In Alberta MEP has the child recalculation program which is in place to keep people out of court. I don't believe Ontario has the same program in place. Alberta's MEP has been online for a decade or more and I believe Ontario has just started an online system.

I may be wrong but I don't believe the poster is registered with FRO (Ontario)?

Comment

She said her order is from 5 years ago, when incomes were different, so she can hardly bring that to FRO now even if she wanted to.

Comment

Yes I am in Ontario. We are not registered with FRO. Mainly because the court order we Ave is outdated and back then I was the payor and was never late. Automatic payments.
                          Once we come to an agreement or the judge decides I will register with FRO. There should never be a child who does not receive their support because a parent is manipulating the other with it. Whatever the result is I will have it registered with FRO

Comment

My partners ex filed with FRO with a three year old order that had incomes that were completely out of date. In three years she has continued to not update it even though his income has gone up. He pays FRO the correct amount and its sitting there piling up while she figures out her shit. If the amount in your order is in your benefit, file with FRO.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X