• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...it's a dream fivesome

Comment

Oh! well then.....

Comment

LMAO! Of course Blink is welcome..I don't golf anyway. I call dibs on driving the cart though!

Thanks so much for understanding where I am coming from. Tug, you are completely right. And DTTE, I am willing to give and take. I think that being so cooperative has bit me in the ass though, so he expects me to give more. Oh well, can't change that now.

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
          I think that being so cooperative has bit me in the ass though, so he expects me to give more. Oh well, can't change that now.
          Funny how being the nice guy oftentimes isn't rewarded.

At least you know the cost of character though.

Comment

LMAO! Of course Blink is welcome..I don't golf anyway. I call dibs on driving the cart though!
            There's always Twister...or jacks...or tiddly winks...or Yahtzee...

Comment

you're right. I have always been the nice guy. In the end, I hope it will be worth it, and not just in FL. But there is a price to pay. I hope he has to pay his price too. Karma is a B*tch!

Comment

I don't really golf but I LOVE the driving range and I'm totally in for pointing randomly while Billie drives the cart! I do play a mean game of yahtzee though!

I think sometimes it's ok to be the nice guy and be accomodating but there's a fine line between being accomodating and getting taken advantage of, which I'm finding out myself in dealing with the ex. Sometimes you just have to put your foot down and stand your ground otherwise you get steamrolled which is a crappy feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                  Sometimes you just have to put your foot down and stand your ground otherwise you get steamrolled which is a crappy feeling.
                  Got that right.

Comment

Well sometimes we can dream about being vindictive and "paying" them back someday. But we do just have to face it. We aren't like that. It is sometimes fun to fantasize about it......
                    I am such a sap sometimes, that even when good ol Karma comes to call, and it does.......I STILL feel sorry for them......even when they did it to themselves......

Comment

Originally posted by CISTEAD View Post
                      I am such a sap sometimes, that even when good ol Karma comes to call, and it does.......I STILL feel sorry for them......even when they did it to themselves......
                      I used to be like that, until I realized I WAS being walked all over. Honestly, the marriage really started to fall apart (at least visibly) when I did start putting my foot down. That's when the controlling really increased, his insults and verbal attacks started coming on a weekly and sometimes daily basis.

I do think that my failure to call and report the abuse was partially a result of my "feeling sorry for him". While I value the level of compassion that I feel for others, it certainly has caused me a great deal of problems and I am much more careful who I give it to now.

I guess he just couldn't handle my being my own person, and he still hasn't come to terms with it. Next time I will pick someone who actually appreciates that I am.

Comment

I know......I am still afraid to ask for a simple 100.00 a month in gas cards to help my son go to college. He pays 0. I just know I will get the "poor me I have no money".....and he will find a way to make me feel bad for even asking. I don't want the damn money. Just give it to the boy who has to put himself through school because I can't afford to pay for him. I take care of him obvioulsy, but I don't have tuition money.

Comment

Ya, reading that back to myself......how lame.......Texting DH now to pony up and give his son some support.

Comment

I am hoping you can help. I am now involved in a motion to change filed by the respondent. He has been in arrears for over 10 years and has dodged addresses, been arrested on defaults, you name it. Now that he has surfaced, I have brought the matter back in front of the courts. He filed a motion to change basing it on the child support arrears be lessened, no further ongoing support however both children are in post secondary school. I am seeking an order for retro, extra ordinary expenses, child support arrears etc. Due to his motion being filed, I had to file a motion to change as I did. Our first court hearing was yesterday. As he had not complied with the original order of 2002, I asked for his motion to be dismissed. As well, he had not submitted the correct financial documents (assessments, reassessments). the court awarded me costs for yesterday, and my request for his order to be dismissed was upheld, however he must submit all documents and fullfill the requirements of the 2002 order by November 25th which is the next hearing date. Now that I have said that, if I have not heard from him or his laywer by 2 days prior to the case, I want to file an application to dismiss his application all together and have the judge base the case on my material only. Can I do this and what do I need to do to complete this? Please email me back to my work address at kelly.brydges@comdev.ca as it is much easier for me to keep online with you. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

I think that being so cooperative has bit me in the ass though, so he expects me to give more. Oh well, can't change that now.
                              You gave him too much from the beginning, but why because that's the person you are and if I remember correctly, he pressured you in different forms and ways.

You are being fair with him and have from been MORE than fair from the start. Now, there's nothing more you can change or lesson. Remember with some people like our ex's if they think they won or got a "good deal" then they will settle. That's the way I have been feeling lately. Why send a more than fair settlement cause you know they still want more. Let them think they have won something or got something less. That's what Im dealing with right now.

But you have given everything from the start, there's nothing more that you can do to make this fairer or make/trick the ex to think he got a good deal. I think that's your dilema.

Comment

Yeah, it really is. I'm now stuck with trying to scale back my offer so that he has room to negotiate. I just don't know how to do that. Hopefully my lawyer has an idea, becasue I don't!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X