Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process to adjourn Trial Management Conference

Hi,
    I recently fired my lawyer for her not being aggressive enough. While I am looking for new attorney, could anyone please help how can I get the conference adjourned for a later date? What process, procedure and forms to fill-out?

Thanks.

I recently fired my lawyer for her not being aggressive enough.
    Translation: I don’t like the law and I want an outcome that is not likely going to happen. My former lawyer wouldn’t advance bad arguments. (Or at least that is how other lawyers will hear it, so good luck getting new competent counsel)

1) ask the other side for adjournment on consent, if they agree it’s easier.
    2) if they do not consent, you’ll have to file a motion, either a form 14 and 14a if live, or 14b and 14a if a paper motion. Follow the timelines as set out in the FLRs.

If your TMC is within 7 days the motion is unnecessary, ask the other side still but you’re basically throwing yourself at the mercy of the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinso View Post
      Translation: I don’t like the law and I want an outcome that is not likely going to happen.
      Thats not necessarily true. I had difficulties with my lawyer for not being enough of a pit-bull too, even with the law on my side, the OCL on my side, and tons of evidence of my ex alienating me from my kids. My issue is that I did not have the financial resources to pay him to be a pitbull. He was more like an intermediary.

Comment

Pitbulls are idiots who compensate a lack of knowledge with banging the table.

But tenacity and hard work are key. A willingness to investigate alienation and bring the case forward is important in those circumstances.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X