mom granted no access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mom granted no access

Update for anyone that has been following my story.

We are supposed to be back in court end of August. CAS was just finalizing there recommendations, but over the last few weeks its been accusation after accusation made by my ex all of which have proven unfounded.

A few days ago my daughter's mother convinced her to runaway from my care, and meet up with her, they then went to police and said she was assaulted. Following that my ex withheld.

Today the courts granted me an order for police to return my daughter to me, and mom to have no access until the case can be reviewed later in the month.

She refused when police arrived and made accusations that police and CAS were investigating me, but the officers that arrived spoke to the detective who said they had no concerns, and called the CAS worker who said she had no concerns and supported them following the order.

Not sure what the next court appearance will bring but for the next 2 weeks at least things will be calm for my daughter.

Did the police enforce the order? Is your daughter now with you?

Comment

Well, its one more nail in her coffin isnt it? How is your daughter through all of this?

Comment

Congratulations on your success in court.

Good for you for not waiting and getting right into court.

I hope your daughter is doing better. It sounds like a difficult situation.

Comment

Yes the police enforced the order.

My daughter is in my care, but spending the night with my mom. She was really distraught at the scene and was refusing to go. I was trying to minimize the trauma to her and asked if she would like to spend the night at grandma's. My main goal was to get her removed from the situation she was in. The police were really happy with that solution and my daughter very quickly agreed to leave her mom's.

CAS is coming to meet with her tomorrow about everything that happened over the last 3 days.

From what I am being told this was a huge step for me, that these ex parte motions are very hard to get.

Comment

As happy as I am that you are able to keep your daughter and provide her a better life than what her mother is, I feel very sad at the way her mother manipulates her. This poor kid probably just does what she thinks will make mom happy and its hurting her. You are always thinking of whats best for the child whereas her mother is only thinking of herself. I really hope things settle down soon and this woman gets some serious rules put in place. Shes not just hurting herself but her child as well.

Comment

I really hope things settle. My daughter really loves her mom, and for the first 10 years was in her mom's sole custody and because of all the blocks withholding was the only stability she knew even if that stability was damaged. Her mom has just become to unhealthy for her, and she needs stability in school, home, medical, and emotionally.

She is adjusting to the changes as each happen but she is confused, and especially right now she doesn't understand that her mom's actions will affect her long term, she wants to see everyone and she wants to be around her mom. Although she made it through last night and today well.

I think this will be the start of some bigger change but I get worried to hope because each time we take a step forward something happens!

Comment

Youre doing the right thing. She is lucky to have a stable parent who cares as much as you do. Her future will be better because you provide the support and stability a child needs. Its sad because she cant understand the detrimental behaviours her mother is exhibiting but hopefully when her life stabilizes and the drama is reduced and (possibly) her mother smartens up, she will have positive relationships with both sides of her family.

Comment

Does your daughter recognize there is something "off" with her mom?

Does she see the difference in behaviour between you and her mom, recognizing there is something lacking.

Comment

As she publicized any of these accusations?
                    I am fairly sure you can sue if somebody continually files accusations agasint you....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X