Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions from an intro to law course I'm taking...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireweb13 View Post
    Its a general chat section and he got great advice from HammerDad. Think that if he got help here then that is great.
    I'm definitely thankful that HammerDad put in the time. Seriously, this text book is not the most explanatory.

Comment

i have seen other stuff in the general section not related to divorce so what is the problem??

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        i have seen other stuff in the general section not related to divorce so what is the problem??
        No problem by me, lol :-). This makes me wonder, maybe there is no "general" law forum in ontario.

Comment

Because then we wouldn't have to pay lawyers!

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
            Because then we wouldn't have to pay lawyers!
            Lol :-). There's simply too much to know concerning law to not have lawyers. But I definitely think that more people should atleast have a cursory knowledge of the law; that way, if you ever encounter a situation the deals with law, you'll have a better idea on what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by scott View Post
              Lol :-). There's simply too much to know concerning law to not have lawyers. But I definitely think that more people should atleast have a cursory knowledge of the law; that way, if you ever encounter a situation the deals with law, you'll have a better idea on what to do.
              I absolutely agree with you; I think that the basics of how the law works should be a high school course or something. And part of immigration, too. There are some essential things that residents of Canada just shouldn't be ignorant of. All our info comes from dramatized American TV, when you think about it! Talk about unrealistic.

I work in the Criminal Justice System, and I didn't know anything when I was hired. Learning how things really work was an eye-opener! That ignorance is pretty typical, and leads to a lot of misunderstanding and confusion that could be so easily alleviated.

Oh, hey, how did I get on this soapbox??

Comment

I absolutely agree with you; I think that the basics of how the law works should be a high school course or something.
                Now I'm laughing; I'm taking a high school course on the law :-). The problem, in my view, is that it's not mandatory. Seriously, I could have done without a lot of the dull courses we took; law should have been mandatory. Ofcourse, one would hope one would have a good teacher or it could certainly be hard.

And part of immigration, too. There are some essential things that residents of Canada just shouldn't be ignorant of. All our info comes from dramatized American TV, when you think about it! Talk about unrealistic.
                Well, atleast we've got TV. Without that, people really wouldn't have much of a clue :-p. I've thought about seriously studying law for a long time but for one reason or other I'd always get sidetracked. I'm thinking that I may finally do it now. This high school course was something of a test for me; to see if I could handle it. I've been getting 80s, so I think I can do it.

I work in the Criminal Justice System, and I didn't know anything when I was hired. Learning how things really work was an eye-opener! That ignorance is pretty typical, and leads to a lot of misunderstanding and confusion that could be so easily alleviated.

Oh, hey, how did I get on this soapbox??
                Lol :-). Hope I'm not prying, but you say you work in the criminal justice system.. as a lawyer? Or in some other capacity?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X