This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serene View Post
    What about swearing and name calling? Is that okay?
    Happens in court all the time - often lawyers between themselves in the hallways.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
      This is the kind of stuff we deal with mom every day....whether we agree one hundred percent with what she is saying or not she is offensive....

Serene - get this through your head - I AM NOT YOUR HUSBAND'S EX WIFE. Not everyone on here who is female, divorced is a walking incarnation of your husband's ex wife.

Everything is not about your personal situation.

Comment

I think swearing and name calling is said out of frustration, when words are twisted and the meaning of the post is diluted into something that wasnt meant .
        Arabian was making a point, that she cannot comment on CS, the thought is horrific, just as she is saying if you are not a recipient of SS and never will be, it is difficult to comprehend someone elses circumstances.
        There is a lot of knit picking on this forum and so often the context of the post is totally lost and one word is focused on that really had nothing to do with the overall meaning.
        Arabian and I were both in long term marriages to wealthy successful men.
        We felt as did the law that we were deserving of compensation for our time and investment and the courts agreed. Good for us!!! If you disagree--that is totally your right and it is our right to cash those oh so lovely sweet hard earned cheques. No bragging intended.

Comment

Maybe you aren't my husband's ex wife but you have behaved the same. And no, not everyone is a reincarnation of her (and thank gawd for that). I firmly believe in treating people with respect. Even when I disagree or have a difference of opinion. We can agree to disagree but name calling and offensive language is just not appropriate in my books.

Comment

Prince Charles and Lady Camilla are coming to Canada - I'm sooo excited! Now there's something that we can all agree on (not).
            Have a nice week every one.

Comment

You disrespect me Serene by your asinine remarks Serene.

I do not treat people with respect who attack me. I could give a shit about what is in "your books" - you want to come at me then you will bear the full brunt of my responses. You treat me respectfully and quit hammering me about being a SS recipient then I will treat you in kind. It's entirely up to you.

Shit in my sandbox then I'll dump the sand in your kitchen sink. Got it?

Comment

Everyone tone it down.

When I read the initial post in this thread, I knew that this would only go downhill. I'm leaving it open only because it hasn't broken any rules. Arabian cursing, while directed at certain individuals, was not name calling, thus not against the rules. It was out of frustration.

Whether you agree with SS or not, it is part of the family law fabric. There are parts of it I simply don't agree with, and there are other parts I do as I can see there would a greater social impact if SS did not exist (no offense, but I'd rather someone pay for their own ex who stayed at home with the kids for X number of years than me through welfare and taxes).

We all have opinions on the topic and it really didn't require its own thread to discuss. But we are allowed to make topics on things on our minds, just keep it clear.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
                  Everyone tone it down.

When I read the initial post in this thread, I knew that this would only go downhill. I'm leaving it open only because it hasn't broken any rules. Arabian cursing, while directed at certain individuals, was not name calling, thus not against the rules. It was out of frustration.

Whether you agree with SS or not, it is part of the family law fabric. There are parts of it I simply don't agree with, and there are other parts I do as I can see there would a greater social impact if SS did not exist (no offense, but I'd rather someone pay for their own ex who stayed at home with the kids for X number of years than me through welfare and taxes).

We all have opinions on the topic and it really didn't require its own thread to discuss. But we are allowed to make topics on things on our minds, just keep it clear.

Comment

^^^ Those "pants" should be illegal!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                      You disrespect me Serene by your asinine remarks Serene.

I do not treat people with respect who attack me. I could give a shit about what is in "your books" - you want to come at me then you will bear the full brunt of my responses. You treat me respectfully and quit hammering me about being a SS recipient then I will treat you in kind. It's entirely up to you.

Shit in my sandbox then I'll dump the sand in your kitchen sink. Got it?
                      Wow... it looks like the Arabian way or the highway, pretty bad on you, you are incapable of accepting differences in opinions, that's one major reason for failing couples as a team, but probably this is too strange for you I guess.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

Comment

Really Paco?

My point is that we should keep an open mind about SS as it varies from case to case.

Try reading the whole thread next time before you comment.

This is from one of your own posts:

Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
                        So this forum started with someone posting an old article about an issue discovered in a different jurisdiction that has a different legal system with different rules. It also didnt include a follow up on what happened after it was exposed. That led to sweeping generalizations about our systems, how we need to control cs spending and how men have it so bad. Now its become "you have the life you do because of people like me". Is this who we are? I thought we were supposed to be supporting and advising each other? Does the system suck? Sure. Are there people marginalized as a result? Absolutely. But this is true of anywhere, anything, anyone. Every situation is unique and you cant accuse someone of not understanding your situation if youre going to sit and judge them for theirs.
                        The result is people are full of anger and frustration and they really can't express helpful opinions, and that's exactly what this forum is meant for, to get useful opinions from members experiences, every situation is different and it has to be treated differently.
                        Last edited by arabian; 05-21-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Really Paco?

My point is that we should keep an open mind about SS as it varies from case to case.

Try reading the whole thread next time before you comment.

This is from one of your own posts:

Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
                          So this forum started with someone posting an old article about an issue discovered in a different jurisdiction that has a different legal system with different rules. It also didnt include a follow up on what happened after it was exposed. That led to sweeping generalizations about our systems, how we need to control cs spending and how men have it so bad. Now its become "you have the life you do because of people like me". Is this who we are? I thought we were supposed to be supporting and advising each other? Does the system suck? Sure. Are there people marginalized as a result? Absolutely. But this is true of anywhere, anything, anyone. Every situation is unique and you cant accuse someone of not understanding your situation if youre going to sit and judge them for theirs.
                          The result is people are full of anger and frustration and they really can't express helpful opinions, and that's exactly what this forum is meant for, to get useful opinions from members experiences, every situation is different and it has to be treated differently.
                          Bla bla bla... you can bark all day long, respect is something that you have to earn it in the first place, but again that's obviously strange to you. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
                            Bla bla bla... you can bark all day long, respect is something that you have to earn it in the first place, but again that's obviously strange to you. Good luck.

Awkward when you get tripped up by your own words ain't it?

Comment

Awkward when you get tripped up by your own words ain't it?
                              No awkward is defending legal theft and saying your to old to support yourself.

I think it might be awkward accepting getting left for a younger and more attractive person.

Of course I don't expect you to respect my position.

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
                                No awkward is defending legal theft and saying your to old to support yourself.

I think it might be awkward accepting getting left for a younger and more attractive person.

Of course I don't expect you to respect my position.

So not only I'm a thief I'm ugly?????

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X