This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation and bankruptcy issues

All she says she wants is me to be a father to my children awsome sounds good,We agreed if she doesnt want me to live in our house that i wouldnt pay child support.She would give me recets for my bankruptcy My question is does she need to claim this on her taxes and do i get a deduction for this payment,basicly she is paying me to not live in house.I also agreed she can keep money from sale of house down the road of which will be a sizable amount.Im hoping i explained this right thanks

Your question is unclear. Please be more specific.

Get it in writing, otherwise you could be setting yourself up to get royally screwed. You can't just verbally bargain away child support. The courts will jump all over that.

Comment

i
      Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
      Your question is unclear. Please be more specific.

Get it in writing, otherwise you could be setting yourself up to get royally screwed. You can't just verbally bargain away child support. The courts will jump all over that.
      Ive asked her to give me reciets for child support even thou there will be no money passed threw our hands.what effect does this have on our taxes

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X