This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Conference

Step 4: Serve the other party with the documents and file them with the court.
    If you are requesting the case conference, or if you are the applicant and the court has set the case conference, you must, at least 7 days before the case conference, serve the other party and file with the court:
    • Your Conference Notice – Form 17;
    • Your Case Conference Brief – Form 17A;
    • An up-to-date Financial Statement (Support Claims) – Form 13 or Financial Statement (Property and Support Claims) – Form 13.1 or an Affidavit – Form 14A (if applicable); and
    • The updated Table of Contents.

You can serve the other party with these documents by regular mail.
    Refer to the General Information Sheet – "Serving Documents" for more information.
    Ensure that an Affidavit of Service – Form 6B is completed after the documents have been served.
    File the Affidavit of Service and the Case Conference Brief in the court file, not in the Continuing Record. File all of the originals of the other documents you served on the other party in the Continuing Record. Update the Table of Contents at the front of the Continuing Record.
    • Their Case Conference Brief – Form 17A;
    • An up-to-date Financial Statement (Support Claims) – Form 13 or Financial Statement (Property and Support Claims) – Form 13.1 or an Affidavit – Form 14A (if applicable); and
    • The updated Table of Contents.
    <O

My husband is the applicant. Here is my question: Does he serve the other party (his ex) the Conference Notice - Form 17 along with the other documents in the timeframe set out in the guidelines (7 days before the date of the case conference) or does he serve his ex the Conference Notice- Form 17 and wait until 7 days before the date of the case conference to serve the remainder of the documents? What have others done?

Comment

My boyfriend didnt get his papers from his ex until the day of court, and it was his ex taking him to court. talk about blindsiding!

Comment

Originally posted by first timer View Post
        My husband is the applicant. Here is my question: Does he serve the other party (his ex) the Conference Notice - Form 17 along with the other documents in the timeframe set out in the guidelines (7 days before the date of the case conference) or does he serve his ex the Conference Notice- Form 17 and wait until 7 days before the date of the case conference to serve the remainder of the documents? What have others done?
        If your husband is the moving party they should be serving copy and filling original Conference Notice, Conference Brief and Financials all together at least 7 days before. Additionally, at least 2 days before - they should be submitting form 14C confirmation to the clerk.

Originally posted by hld View Post
        My boyfriend didnt get his papers from his ex until the day of court, and it was his ex taking him to court. talk about blindsiding!
        Happens. I wouldn't get too concerned as its a tactic that is often used.

Comment

I just think its low and dirty...not giving the other a chance to respond to what the ex said, especially when he(bf) is doing this on his own. But now i have convinced him to get a lawyer, for this is getting out of control....and more lies!!

Comment

Is there a way we can respond to the late filing of the case conference forms? we didnt get the chance to, even tho that case has been heard already? now its going to trial management conference. what does that all involve at that point?

Comment

posted in the wrong thread
              Last edited by Judas; 02-14-2012, 05:23 PM. Reason: sorry wrong thread

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X