This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadenough:

Thank you very much. I'll fill out the forms immediately and get them in the mail minus the case number. The court order just got emailed to me yesterday. I'll wait until next week and phone them.

Thanks much for the information. I really don't want to be waiting forever to start getting the order enforced.

Comment

I am happy the information was helpful. It will take WEEKS or months off your waiting time. My lawyer/friend said that the Courts OFTEN take their sweet time sending the paperwork to FRO. I had trial in APRIL/2010. It's going to be March in a few weeks, and soon the 1 year anniversary of Trial. This means a YEAR in my case to get the "Fro Ball" rolling. If we all waited for the Courts, our kids would almost be through school! Send it - and then give them a call in 2 weeks or so - and hopefully they will have scanned your order and registration into their system and can tell you what the status is.

Comment

Once I received my order from the court, FRO took only three weeks to register it and send me their package. The problem is they entered me as the payer and my ex-spouse as the recipient (totally backwards).

Once the FRO corrected that error, it took them four months to send the new package to my ex-spouse. The order was issued in March 2011, but nine months later as of December 2011, they still had not enforced the order to my ex-spouse who was refusing to pay. She is paying some toward it now, but by choice, not enforced obligation.

The FRO is a very disorganized department. Where I sypathize with them is their clientele are not a very happy bunch. Their best work will always make somebody unhappy.

My two cents worth, for what it's worth!

Comment

That's quite the fro screw-up! So if you were to contact them - could they not tell you what the plan is to start enforcing the order? Does this mean she is sending the pymts (short, or otherwise) to you directly? She should be (and perhaps she is?) be sending pymts through the F.R.O.

Comment

My ex-spouse is actually sending the payments through the FRO (a good thing). She has only done three so far, but only time will tell. I like the new FRO case management system, but I have trouble getting return calls. The one I did receive, I missed it.

It was my ex-spouse that actually said they won't garnish her as long as she makes the payments. Good point, but I am still skeptical.

Comment

my friend had to call FRO yesterday and got her case worker's voicemail. He replied but did not go into any detail regarding her inquiry because he got her voicemail. Telephone Tag. He advised that she should (next time, if she gets vm) leave her Case #, full name, address and reason for calling AND to state that he has her permission to leave her a detailed voicemail re: her inquiry, should he return her call and get her answering machine. I guess they need to be extra careful. So perhaps it IS a good idea to leave all that info and verbal consent to leave a detailed msg, when calling FRO every time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X