Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 11:11 AM
independentgal independentgal is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
independentgal is on a distinguished road
Default What form do I need to request a transcript of the proceeding?

I require a copy of the Judge's remarks during a Long Motion. He indicated to my ex that he must cooperate regarding an ongoing payment that was to be made from that point forward. My ex is refusing to pay for that now. The judge stated his opinion on the validity of the debt and that unless my ex signed it during the break in session, that he was going to order the payment. Therefore it was not put into the order that day but my ex grudgingly went along with it in front of judge but didn't after.

My ex is trying to weasel out of the payment as the expense was incurred on account after that point and is currently outstanding and being litigated. He is trying to say it is only my debt.

I have about 4 weeks to get a copy of the oral remarks from the courthouse. I wondered if I could get some advice on the form needed to fill out to request this, how much it costs and how long it generally takes. This Motion happened in 2005. Also, are all Court proceedings made into a written transcript as a matter of course or only upon request?

Do you think I can refer to the Judge's remarks in my Affidavit or should I have a copy of the exact words spoken to the ex.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Ed Canuck Ed Canuck is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4
Ed Canuck is on a distinguished road

You'll need to get in touch with the court reporter's office at whatever court house the motion was heard. I don't know the answers, but they will. Call the main court house number and ask for the court reporter's office. You should have the exact date and time, and the judge's name available.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:20 PM
AtALoss AtALoss is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 560
AtALoss is on a distinguished road

As mentioned already you can go and get them from the clerks. Your price will be about $3.95 per page...outrageous but true. For some reason more if the lawyer is asking for them. Did you have a lawyer at the time? If so try to see if they already have a copy in their file. Mine did and gave me a copy at my request. Worth a try.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Form and Content: Time Sensitive! FamilyBlah Divorce & Family Law 0 10-24-2011 06:01 PM
Self Rep...Form 35.1 & 8 now what? ConcernedSTEPparent Divorce & Family Law 6 02-21-2011 05:49 PM
Form 35.1 along with Form 10? dad93 Divorce & Family Law 0 11-30-2010 12:55 AM
Motion to Vary - Applicant's affidavit dickstacie Divorce & Family Law 4 02-17-2010 04:26 PM
Form 8 Divorce / Form 10A Reply bubbbab Divorce & Family Law 0 07-28-2009 08:47 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 AM.