This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
    Mine's not crazy, incredibly frustrating/makes me shake my head and go WTF were you thinking????!! at times but overall....not crazy.
    Mine too -

Comment

Mine is crazy. And I like that "pig with lipstick" reference.. His lipstick wore off many, many years ago. Anyway, I don't feel right about insulting Pigs this way

Comment

Originally posted by ForwardFromHere View Post
        I like the truth. Always have. Do your kids know the reason 'why' they have changed schools?

I would tell my kids that, yes, I did take them out of that school and move them to another because Daddy would prefer having them in a school closer to his house. No mention of court, no mention of disagreement, just the facts. The truth. And both names get mentioned in the decision, so there isn't blame.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the show of hovering law enforcement when I go back to work.....where my ex and the woman he left me for also work.

I love this answer!

My husband's ex lies all the time, sometimes it doesn't even make sense as to why she lies, as there does not seem to be any benefit from it.

Comment

My ex is crazy and a pathological liar,to the point where he cant seem to remember what the facts were in the first place as he has distorted everything so much!It pays to keep a sense of humour in times like these.
          My friends call him the window licker when the kids aren't around!Personally Im just happy to call him "the ex"

Comment

Murphyslaw: I think we have the same EX

The lies used to bother me a lot. I really don't care so much anymore. I laugh at a lot of it now too.

I honestly don't know what he believes or doesn't (in terms of his insane stories). .... Lol, who freakin' cares? At least I don't have to look at his stupid mug anymore. He's his wife's problem now.
            Last edited by hadenough; 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah mine is somebody elses problem too!Who would of thought it?If there is someone out there with severe self esteem issues and completely lacking common sense...my ex will find them.What makes me laugh is that his new woman is alot older than me.I was young and stupid when I met him and he was a very convincing con man, but to be older and still get taken in...that's gonna hurt

Comment

I must be in the right forum as mine is crazy too.

CSAngel the posters whom have suggested to say age appropriate things to your girls are right on. If you trash him in any way, it will hurt the girls as they identify that he is a part of them, just as you are. Trashing our children's father or mother to them,no matter how much of a monster he or she may be, is not worth the wasted breath or effort. It only hurts the children.

The other parent in my situation lies all the time. By following similar lines of what Fuming posted in less than a year both children saw the lies for what they were...without me having to say anything. I have never talked poorly of the other parent and never will. I don't need to. If you rise to the occasion with anger and defensiveness, it just gets worse for all involved. He is trying to have 'control'. What he will end up having is his mask removed. Kids are smarter than we think. They need at least one parent to be the stable honest rock and should still be able to love both parents without guilt if one parent is not.

Children figure it out by having that rock-be the rock.

Comment

Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
                  My ex is crazy and a pathological liar,to the point where he cant seem to remember what the facts were in the first place as he has distorted everything so much!It pays to keep a sense of humour in times like these.
                  My friends call him the window licker when the kids aren't around!Personally Im just happy to call him "the ex"

I don't get the 'window licker'? I sense its supposed to be funny, and would like to laugh...

Comment

Window Licker

My own ex is what I term "bat shit crazy". Of course I get blamed for everything. Luckily my children are fairly intelligent and even though the oldest are only 9 and 10, they already know some of the crap that Mommy pulls.

My oldest son simply shrugs and says that "Mommy takes stuff and it gets out of control".

I typically field 5 or 6 demands a year. I usually just say no, she gets snippy, so I reference the court order. CAS shows up the next week, closes the file, and we wait for the next bout of crazy.

Comment

So I guess NBdad, that the craziness can be ongoing and never stop in some cases?? Yes I am at fault for everything too. Even bad weather :s

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
                        Window Licker

My own ex is what I term "bat shit crazy". Of course I get blamed for everything. Luckily my children are fairly intelligent and even though the oldest are only 9 and 10, they already know some of the crap that Mommy pulls.

My oldest son simply shrugs and says that "Mommy takes stuff and it gets out of control".

I typically field 5 or 6 demands a year. I usually just say no, she gets snippy, so I reference the court order. CAS shows up the next week, closes the file, and we wait for the next bout of crazy.
                        I've already come to terms with the fact that no matter what, crazy will be part of the rest of my life. I'm sure I'm not ready for it but know it will be non stop stupid shit.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
                          Window Licker

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                          So I guess NBdad, that the craziness can be ongoing and never stop in some cases?? Yes I am at fault for everything too. Even bad weather :s

Do you two know each other IRL? LOL. Nevermind - I don't want to know.

Crazy is as crazy does. If you know you're crazy - than in fact you are most likely not. To Deny is to Affirm.

Just Sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by OhMy View Post
                            I must be in the right forum as mine is crazy too.

CSAngel the posters whom have suggested to say age appropriate things to your girls are right on. If you trash him in any way, it will hurt the girls as they identify that he is a part of them, just as you are. Trashing our children's father or mother to them,no matter how much of a monster he or she may be, is not worth the wasted breath or effort. It only hurts the children.
                            Excellent point!

The best way I have heard this explained, is to say that a child considers him/her self half Mom, and half Dad.

When you bad-mouth the other parent, the child hears you as bad-mouthing that 'half' of themselves.

I've literally watched the expression on my boys face change as the painful truth of that concept manifests itself in his facial expressions while it's happening.
                            Last edited by wretchedotis; 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I agree that the child would view him/her self as half of each parent. My son is almost 14. He knows for himself that Dad is not the greatest parent.

Had we just had a garden-variety split, I think I would have done better on not saying anything dispariging (sp?). I have said things in the past that I wish I hadn't, but I don't anymore. I'm not perfect and the split and ensuing financial devastation that came with it, turned mine and my son's life upside down.

While I can't make excuses for anyone's poor behavior, (mine included) I now see in ways that I failed to before, that it's best to find constructive, calm ways to address things. Better late, than never. My son however, seems to have the ability to read me like a book :s
                              Last edited by hadenough; 10-01-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

My kids actually critique my judgement on men ."why did you pick dada to be our daddy"etc."you should have picked a nice man who would be nice to us"....Oh but that's not all....when I discussed that I eventually would like to start dating;I got this."you better double check this time"followed by a solemn head shaking! I swear They were tutting at me!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X