This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
    Do you know anyone that has committed suicide? I do. Someone extremely close to me. They suffered many years of depression manic actually. They didn't know how much damage was done when they left us this way.... thought no one cared but not from lack of us telling them or trying to help them.

So, if me saying it's a very selfish act and explaining why maybe will open their eyes and see why.

Did you think before you read this that it's selfish?
    One of my family members committed suicide. You're fooling yourself if you think putting down a depressed person will "open their eyes."

It sounds to me like your angry at someone and this is a way to release that anger. While I appreciate your feelings, I don't think it's necessarily the best way to deal with people who are suicidal.

Comment

Im not putting them down. Im just stating the truth. A suicidal person is not thinking if I leave this way how is it going to affect everyone that loves me. Just trying to get them to think about it. I know people suffer depression but there are different forms of it.
      There's going thru a difficult time as most of us on here are going thru then there's the depressed people who have a chemical imbalance which no matter what you do or take helps the depression and pretty much lived with it their whole life and suffer.
      People on here are here for help. I was extremely down and hit a low time in my life too when things ended. BUT i have a daughter who needs me as her mother. She doesn't have much of a father right now. So, if I was to leave this world, how much better off do you think she would be? Yes it would end my suffering but what about hers?
      That's all Im trying to do is get people to think differently. To think or have a reason to live. I might not ever be in love with someone again. U never know. But I have a daughter who needs me more than anything else and I will live for her

Comment

I know alot about depression. Im talking in text with this forum. Most of us are going thru a difficult time and yes maybe some people are depressed.
        Maybe some of us are on medications, have suffered all our lives, but for some of us it's a temporary state we are in right now as we don't see why we should live any longer.
        And then some of us snap out of it, see there's life after this mess. There's hope and a future. We think about things we are going to look forward to doing. Mine is enjoying the spring and summer with my little one and there's no price on the amount of warmth that brings me!

Comment

Very volatile topic people. Tread carefully!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X