X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custody before agreement isfinal

Hi,

I have been separated for 1 year now. The arrangement for child custody during the 1 year period (mutual verbal agreement only) is that I have my son evey other weekend plus I get to see him or take him out every day/nite..but he sleeps at his mom's. Recently, he has slept over at my place (with my gf)...she agreed to that.

Now comes divorce, she wants sole custody where I have him every other weekend (sleepover) only. My question is, she will ask for this in the divorce settlement, but before that, I would like to make it 50/50. So, what can I do if she says NO? Her reason is that, it's more stable for him. Altho, he likes being here with me, she likes my gf, my gf is very nice to him. So what can I do before any settlement is made, ie, can I just tell her that she cannot stop me from having him over at my place. I am not going to take him away from her, I just want 50/50..my son loves me, and I love him, I just want to be with him.

Please help..thanks....

sad Dad
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X