Voicemail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

My ex called me last night and told me she has no where to live at the moment.

Asked me to watch the kids until at least next weekend. She started to cry and told me she was going to Sault Ste. Marie to be with her parents.

I said thanks for informing me, the kids are safe and fine with me, and I said goodbye.

When I picked up the kids at the sitters she told me that her bf had locked her out of the house and refused to return any of her things. I'm not getting involved but he does currently have some of the kids things that normally go between houses every week. (Electronics, winter clothes, etc.)

Again I'm going to have to let me ex deal with this stuff but it is frustrating.

Thanks

Comment

Karma is a bitch, she must be dying to crawl back - her parents are probably going to tell her "You made your bed now lay in it"

Comment

I will still say that your lawyer telling you to call her after all the work you've done to set-up email communication was a bad idea. Your ex is not normal...she lives for strife and confusion around her. And nothing about what has happened recently is surprising. Quite the opposite, it was extremely predictable.

She's one of those women that go from crisis to crisis and will look for a soft place to fall or some temporary white knight to bail her out of whatever problem she thinks she's in at the moment. She was hoping that you'd tell her she could come live with you. I hope you realize that. You've done a good job of being clear that you're available for the kids but not available to solve any of her personal life problems.

You did the right thing by simply telling her you'd keep the kids, thanking her and hanging up but you might want to start easing your way back to 100% email communication and not get drawn in to being the confidante for her crap life by phone...its a bad idea long-term.

I wouldn't get involved in anything else...even to do with the kid's belongings. She will have to sort that out with the ex-bf.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
          I will still say that your lawyer telling you to call her after all the work you've done to set-up email communication was a bad idea. Your ex is not normal...she lives for strife and confusion around her. And nothing about what has happened recently is surprising. Quite the opposite, it was extremely predictable.

She's one of those women that go from crisis to crisis and will look for a soft place to fall or some temporary white knight to bail her out of whatever problem she thinks she's in at the moment. She was hoping that you'd tell her she could come live with you. I hope you realize that. You've done a good job of being clear that you're available for the kids but not available to solve any of her personal life problems.

You did the right thing by simply telling her you'd keep the kids, thanking her and hanging up but you might want to start easing your way back to 100% email communication and not get drawn in to being the confidante for her crap life by phone...its a bad idea long-term.

I wouldn't get involved in anything else...even to do with the kid's belongings. She will have to sort that out with the ex-bf.
          I agree. I knew it was going to happen as soon as I called her as well.

I actually have a room mate at the moment until Christmas which was/is great. She never asked although I'm positive it's what she was looking for.

There is NO WAY IN HELL that's going to happen. She'd claim we were back together and the house was half hers again....That'd be the day.

I'm not getting involved...Although it is frustrating...But I can't worry myself about that crap...Kids are safe an happy that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
            Karma is a bitch, she must be dying to crawl back - her parents are probably going to tell her "You made your bed now lay in it"
            Her mom is bi-polar just like her.

Her dad will bail her out...

But oh sweet Karma.

Comment

FB The kids are where they should be in a stable home.

Your planned trip with them will do them some good. Lets them be kids and forget the present situation.

Just hope that upon your return that mom has a place and is doing better for their sake.

Did you get the required documents for your trip with the kids?

Comment

Originally posted by good_mom View Post
                FB The kids are where they should be in a stable home.

Your planned trip with them will do them some good. Lets them be kids and forget the present situation.

Just hope that upon your return that mom has a place and is doing better for their sake.

Did you get the required documents for your trip with the kids?
                No I sent her an email asking her to drop them off before she leaves... She said she already left and the signed papers are in her van at her aunts house in Kitchener. I can go get them if I want, but she will be back on the weekend.

I might text the aunt and ask her to mail them to me.

Comment

If I were you I would contact the other guy and ask for the kids stuff back I think it will raise your esteem in the eyes of your children and they will know that daddy is always there even if your mom is nuts.

Obviously, just ask once politely.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                    If I were you I would contact the other guy and ask for the kids stuff back I think it will raise your esteem in the eyes of your children and they will know that daddy is always there even if your mom is nuts.

I disagree...it's nothing really important...but still annoying.

I'm staying 100,000 km away from this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Links17 View Post

I think there is a calculation there. Cost of the items versus risk of getting drawn into the drama.

Personally, I'd replace the stuff, unless it had sentimental value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post

^^^^^^^^^ this post is BANG ON !!!!!

Comment

• I must have missed your post where you indicate your lawyer told you to set up email communication.

I agree wholeheartedly with PH.

I would add that you should stop being her confidante and set your boundaries in stone. If you do this it will be much easier on you when you file for sole custody - I am certain it will come down to that sooner or later.

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
                            I must have missed your post where you indicate your lawyer told you to set up email communication.

I agree wholeheartedly with PH.

I would add that you should stop being her confidante and set your boundaries in stone. If you do this it will be much easier on you when you file for sole custody - I am certain it will come down to that sooner or later.
                            He didn't specifically tell me did but did support putting it in my sep agreement.

It says that all communication regarding the children must be in writing via email and not SMS.

Comment

• Have you considered using the Family Wizard program? It sounds like it is an excellent 'child-focused' tool which limits alot of crap. I think at this point you need something that will possibly help to eliminate the drama and help you get on with the business of raising your children.

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
                                Have you considered using the Family Wizard program? It sounds like it is an excellent 'child-focused' tool which limits alot of crap. I think at this point you need something that will possibly help to eliminate the drama and help you get on with the business of raising your children.
                                It was discussed at one of our 4 way meetings. She refused to pay for any of it. She also refused to use it claiming not to have internet.

I was something we were going to bring up in court....She settled before that and it was not discussed.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X