Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What else is child support for, if not that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
    ...Been down that very same road, and really didn't like the dust kicked up from travelling it, either.

BUT...
    shoes are only like 20 bucks. What's more important? Your kid having good shoes, or your insistance that you've already paid for them via CS?

So you buy your kid new shoes, in effect paying for them twice.
    Your ex is a pain in the butt, and uneducated on how CS 'should' work in a perfect world...
    Yes, I have done this before. Such as the spare pair I sent over there, which apparently are lost now. Like I said, she'll be receiving support within the day and can use that towards shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by takeontheworld View Post
      For the simple reason that there are so so many parents whose children receive nothing even though they are entitled. It is a moot point that its due to obligation etc. It can be hard and stressful knowing that your child has no one else should they need help. So to have a parent who takes care if the child and not all responsibility falls on you, makes you lucky in my eyes. Dont get your panties in a bunch.
      Ex hasn't seen his child in years, takes absolutely no responsiblity whatsoever. He's left her heartbroken.

He also doesn't pay what he's supposed to in support despite me spending $25G on legal fees to get a court document telling him what to pay. He pays what the government seizes and enough to keep his DL.

Lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
        What makes people think they're going to agree on how a small portion of the combined budget is going to be spent when they're apart if they couldn't agree when they were together? There will always be that disagreement, no matter what the overhaul or revamp.
        Agree ... funny how when I was with my ex he expected me to shop at Walmart or Value Village for the kids' clothes (& there was nothing wrong with that & that's what I did) but once we split and he started paying CS I would get berated for not buying the kids' "proper" clothing (ie. name brand, new stuff).

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Comment

Ex hasn't seen his child in years, takes absolutely no responsiblity whatsoever. He's left her heartbroken.

He also doesn't pay what he's supposed to in support despite me spending $25G on legal fees to get a court document telling him what to pay. He pays what the government seizes and enough to keep his DL.

Lucky?
          Its non a tit for tat. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
            Playing devil's A here, it's the kid(s) that is /are deserve / entitled to the CS by the way...just want to clarify that. Do you agree?

The 25k in legal fees, along with the higher amounts be others on here in excess of close to 8k and counting, could just be a high conflict personal vendetta problem i.e. something that could have just been resolved with compromises?

Compared to those working in sweat shops around the world making the iPhones most of you walk around with, the lululemons, designer gear etc and getting paid less than $5 / month...YES

Refreshing to see more people added to the numbers of those that have some high self esteem, and can consider themselves authentically independent
            Oh, okay then oink .... we're all lucky because we don't live in Cambodia.....except the Cambodians. With that perspective, none of anyone's bitching about anything (including your soul-sucking ex) matters, because the cambodians are worse off..... imagine paying spousal support on a sweat shop wage Oink? Jeez, that would hurt.

The child deserves the child support. If the child support were paid, the child would be living in a better suited home....one much like the deserted dad lives in .... you know with a pool and the luxuries of silly things like air conditioning.

The $25G in legal fees is because the ex is a wonderful human being who just prefers to spend his time in courtroom settings before completely abandoning the child for another country. The $25G in legal fees was incurred primarily dealing with custodial issues, not monetary ones. And it was money well spent since he successfully got his joint custody eow access and week day visits......that he didn't bother using at all before leaving the country permanently.

Comment

Yes....you can't live with them, you can't live without them as the saying goes

Oh by the way...there is nothing wrong with value village clothes, have you seen the commercial for Halloween costumes?
              I thought the saying was "you can't live with them, you can't kill them"

LOVED Value Village for costumes but thankfully, my kids' are too old for Halloween now ... they'll be holed up in the basement on the X-Box and hubby & I will be going out for dinner to The Keg

Comment

Its non a tit for tat. Get over it.
                By saying I'm "lucky" because you get no assistance at all...you made it tit for tat.

Comment

Originally posted by DunnMom View Post
                  I thought the saying was "you can't live with them, you can't kill them"

LOVED Value Village for costumes but thankfully, my kids' are too old for Halloween now ... they'll be holed up in the basement on the X-Box and hubby & I will be going out for dinner to The Keg
                  Oh, you can kill them. It would just not be in "the child's best interest"....

Comment

Originally posted by DunnMom View Post
                    Agree ... funny how when I was with my ex he expected me to shop at Walmart or Value Village for the kids' clothes (& there was nothing wrong with that & that's what I did) but once we split and he started paying CS I would get berated for not buying the kids' "proper" clothing (ie. name brand, new stuff).

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
                    Hey, I get that too (complaints from ex that I don't shop at "good enough" stores), and I'm the PAYOR of CS! I won't shop Walmart because I don't agree with their employment conditions (exploitative), but I love Value Village and Goodwill. You can get excellent, never worn brand-name clothes, especially for girls and women (the boys/men's side of things is a bit more sparse). I've pointed out to ex that I buy lots of my own clothes (including high-end work clothes) at Goodwill, so I'm not treating D8 any differently than I treat myself. I run them through the washing machine just to be completely sure they're clean, and voila.

Comment

Yes....you can't live with them, you can't live without them as the saying goes

Oh by the way...there is nothing wrong with value village clothes, have you seen the commercial for Halloween costumes?
                      The Value Village here smells funky. I went there last year trying to find something for an ugly sweater party. I quickly left.

Comment

By saying I'm "lucky" because you get no assistance at all...you made it tit for tat.
                        I wasnt referring to myself only. Im speaking in terms of people who get nothing, people who still have legal fees etc.

You mentioned minimum wage earners are luckier that sweat shop earners. A person with 2 legs is luckier than a person with one.

Maybe you arent clear on what tit for tat is. I said you were luckier. I didnt get into how my semantics suck worse or are better than yours.

Forget all my previous posts... you arent luckier than anyine.
                        Last edited by takeontheworld; 10-30-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I wasnt referring to myself only. Im speaking in terms of people who get nothing, people who still have legal fees etc.

You mentioned minimum wage earners are luckier that sweat shop earners. A person with 2 legs is luckier than a person with one.

Maybe you arent clear on what tit for tat is. I said you were luckier. I didnt get into how my semantics suck worse or are better than yours.

Forget all my previous posts... you arent luckier than anyine.
                          It was Oink who brought up sweatshop workers...

Comment

BOLD1: That part was not going to come from my mouth

BOLD 2: I have a feeling you left out some crucial details with regards to the kind of dessert wink wink

Sure it wasn't your cologne for the day? ouch

Do you own an iPhone, Ipad, designer Nike etc stuff? You can see why am asking based on your Walmart point....or not

Go back and read what you said, that made me comment initially...you alluded to the fact that the CS is deserved / you are entitled to it. My stance was that it is for the kid, not you!

Now you are scaring me....Halloween is tomorrow sweetie, at least wait
                            Oink - I think you need to re-read who said what. Cause I shop at walmart and value village. And I specified that the CS is the child's right in a reply you must have overlooked or attributed to someone else.

Comment

Yes....and I had a damn good reason too, considering your comment about minimum wage sweetheart

You never did answer if you or your kids own iphones and ipads, and where you think that comes from.....but you refuse to shop at Walmart

Cause I didn't say it Oink.

I shop at walmart, don't own an I phone or Ipad and kids certainly don't have those luxuries.

Comment

You're all something else.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X