Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the facebook connection is there as you described. Which brings up the question of why this person contacted me through work if she found me through Facebook.

What's the other forum's name?

Comment

Websleuths

You'd be amazed at how much we found out about Michael Rafferty before he went to trial.

I'm at home taking a snow day if you'd like me to do some digging (you can PM me). I have huge curiousity lol

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDad View Post
        The names aren't common, and I did google the name of the sender but couldn't find any information. I am truly worried that this is malicious and this person is somehow trying to get me involved a dispute that I am not a part of, or build a phony body of allegations against an innocent person.
        then do not get drawn into anything. Its your friends choice to meet with the guy or not. Are you implying that she needs someone to make those types of decisions for her? Let her make the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          then do not get drawn into anything. Its your friends choice to meet with the guy or not. Are you implying that she needs someone to make those types of decisions for her? Let her make the choice.
          ^^This^^

Do a courtesy follow up after the weekend, just in case your friend is dumb enough to go ahead with the hookup.

Comment

Weird email sent by a weird person no doubt.

You told your friend, that is enough. She should share it with the guy she was going to date.

They can decide what to do about it on their own.

Makes for a good 'how we met' story

Comment

Well, you've informed your friend before she was supposed to meet him, so she's aware of the concern and it's her decision what she wants to do. That's all you can do.

If the sender had legitimate evidence to support what they're saying, they could call the police I guess... but then again, I assume he wouldn't be on the loose if he'd actually hurt "many women".

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDad View Post
                Not really divorce/separation related but I wanted to get some opinions on what to do.

I received the following email at my work email:

"Dear [SingingDad], I am writing to express concern for your friend [Friend]. She is friends with a sexual online predator, [man I don't know], who has victimized many women. Please make sure she is safe.

That's a huge responsibility this person is laying on you, to "make sure she is safe." If I were in that position, I would call the police and inform them of the email. From what I have seen on the news, police are very interested in apprehending on-line perps, especially so in the victimization of many.

You've notified your friend and if you also let the police know about the email, that should be enough (I daresay more than sufficient) action on your part, and should set your mind at ease.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X