This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAaaarrgh!!!

The effin biotch and her effin MISSION in life to deny me access at any and all cost.

Eff that, Eff her, and Eff THE WORLD!

grr.

That is all.

I find green tea helps. Well, it doesn't help the other party to be reasonable, but it helps to calm oneself. Punching bags work too.

I hope it gets better.

Comment

I really feel for you. Glad we have the forum here for the occasional rant. I'm very, very lucky that custody and access are *not* among the issues my ex and I have (at least, not seriously). It would absolutely kill me to be cut off from my kids, man. Good luck to you!

Comment

Ah, it's not all that bad.

Is it sadnesss to say, my MOM stepped in and made a call to sort it out?

I am now allowed to see the boy, except my MOM must accompany me for the 1.5 hour drive to show her face at my ex's door. Otherwise, no dice.

So, lucky boy get to see his gramma and dad for 2 hours at McDonalds, before myself and my MOKM drive 1.5 hours back home.

Thats 5 times 2 'manhours' to appease a bitter ex.

Or maybe I don`t get the `manhour`formula. Someone please let me know what it actually is.

Anyways... she has to win so that our boy might come out even.

Good stuff.
        Last edited by wretchedotis; 01-24-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Luckily, my MOM is awesome.

Comment

Just say to yourself, I'm Emotional Teflon. Learned that from my friend Danny G.

Little tip here for 2 hour visits with your children, from a father who has been through this.

Don't spend it at Mcdonalds if you can help it. Spend it at a park or if it's cold somewhere were its warm indoors. Most McDonalds have a playground inside, and thats fun for the child but doesn't build the bond between you unless you climb in there too.

Here are a few suggestions.
            Check out magazines like "town name" Kids and see what local activites are happening, during the summer their might be bands that play outside.
            In the winter take them swimming if a pool near by has open swim time.
            A great way to build bonds is to work on a project, go to dollarama and buy a wood project and some paints and paint it in a mall cafe together. Or if they are older, take them to a model store and have them pick a model they are interested in building together. Spend the two hours working with them, teaching them about the model and talking about school and their daily life. Don't use it as a way to find out what is happening at your ex's house, use it to connect with your child, ask about friends, ad what they are like, how they are doing in school. If you can name his best friends and what they like, it shows that you are interested in your child and what they like.

These actions will help build a lasting strong relationship.
            Just my two cents.

Comment

I thought from a few months back that you and your ex had settled on a number of outstanding issues?

Hopefully this latest incident can be addressed and you can get back on track. It's great that your mom is supportive and available to step in, as you described above.

I don't know the details, but I hope you can work it out.

Comment

Bowling is a good thing and not too expensive. Kids love the food there.

Comment

If your son is interested in books, he might enjoy spending some time in the childrens' section of the library. It may also be conducive to some time spent in quiet conversations and bonding. Just a thought.

Comment

Why your Mom?

I guess I'd need to dig through your past posts...but I can't fathom why your Mom would have to be present as well, simply for a child exchange? Are you supposed to stay in the vehicle or something?

If it lets you get your kid, I guess do it. Good luck man.

Comment

She refuses me to darken her doorstep.
                      It came about from charges being brought against me (multiple times) from her.

Conditions of recognizance demanded no contact. she really liked that idea, and has refused to budge from it even after all the BS wound it`s way though criminal courts.

So we use a third party, whom lives a block down the road from her.
                      Unfortunately, the third party is away in Cuba for the next two weeks.

I could just show up at her door contrary to her wishes, but I am certain more bogus charges would follow if I did.

Our family law court order also stipulates third party now that I think of it.

Regardless, the third party lives maybe 100 steps away from the ex. My idea of me waiting in the drive-way while the child just walked down the street to me was flat out rejected.

The only way she`ll capitulate is if she makes it as difficult as possible for me. Which is what she`s done.

Comment

So the 3rd party is back soon. Up until then, the pick up and drop offs were fine, right?

Definitely don't go to the door. I don't see why the driveway p/up is a huge deal but whatever.

Hope you can get a stand-in 3rd party until the neighbors return from their trip. Just don't rock the boat. Sounds like it doesn't take much. Have patience. This is temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
                          She refuses me to darken her doorstep.
                          It came about from charges being brought against me (multiple times) from her.

Conditions of recognizance demanded no contact. she really liked that idea, and has refused to budge from it even after all the BS wound it`s way though criminal courts.

So we use a third party, whom lives a block down the road from her.
                          Unfortunately, the third party is away in Cuba for the next two weeks.

I could just show up at her door contrary to her wishes, but I am certain more bogus charges would follow if I did.

Our family law court order also stipulates third party now that I think of it.

Regardless, the third party lives maybe 100 steps away from the ex. My idea of me waiting in the drive-way while the child just walked down the street to me was flat out rejected.

The only way she`ll capitulate is if she makes it as difficult as possible for me. Which is what she`s done.

IMHO it serves you with a safety net as well though; so that no further bogus charges are laid against you.

Two hours just doesn't seem like very much time for any parent

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                            Bowling is a good thing and not too expensive. Kids love the food there.
                            Excelent idea.

Comment

Originally posted by OhMy View Post
                              IMHO it serves you with a safety net as well though; so that no further bogus charges are laid against you.

Two hours just doesn't seem like very much time for any parent
                              Precisley why I dare not ring her doorbell.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X