X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
    Very, very odd.

When I'm on the internet, I only tell the truth about my life....like how I weigh 105lbs, have large breasts and used to be a gymnast.
    So long as the image of self you are projecting doesn't harm others it isn't a problem. But, on a board helping people through situations like this... Boasting you have done something in law that is outrageous and doesn't benefit others... then it is a problem.

BTW: I am quite sure your inbox is now filled with messages from desperate single dads.

Comment

lol Tayken. No such luck...this website is too full of a lot of very clever and savvy men and women...which is why I find it such an excellent resource for information. I've actually at times have gotten better information and strategy tips here than I have from my attorney.

Comment

lol Tayken. No such luck...this website is too full of a lot of very clever and savvy men and women...which is why I find it such an excellent resource for information. I've actually at times have gotten better information and strategy tips here than I have from my attorney.
        It is unfortunate that so many systemic problems exist in Family Law in our country for our most valued assets - children - that sites like this have to exist to counter-act the problems.

I agree, that the information provided at times on this site is much better than what most solicitors provide. The difference being that in 90% of family law matters tactics, stunts, false allegations, and other issues raised on this board are not in the mix. It is just two people moving on with their lives.

There are very few (handful) of solicitors out there who understand the true nature of some negative advocate solicitors and what they will tell a client to do. Or worse, what their clients will do to gain an advantage.

Good Luck
        Tayken

PS: There are many dating sites where your profile given would get you more than enough communications. Glad to hear this community of users is not that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          BTW: I am quite sure your inbox is now filled with messages from desperate single dads.
          PH's inbox might be full of messages from desperate single moms as well ! ha

....this website is too full of a lot of very clever and savvy men and women...which is why I find it such an excellent resource for information. I've actually at times have gotten better information and strategy tips here than I have from my attorney.
          I can't agree with you more PH. Even personally as to assessing how to handle situations, and getting the opinions of the opposite sex is so beneficial. It has changed my approach a few times, as insight was given that I hadn't considered. It's been very helpful dealing with a high conflict ex.

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          ...I agree, that the information provided at times on this site is much better than what most solicitors provide. ...
          So VERY TRUE. Tayken-thank you for all of your advice/assistance !

Comment

When I'm on the internet, I only tell the truth about my life....like how I weigh 105lbs, have large breasts and used to be a gymnast.
            Marry me?

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

lmao Gary.

Ok but forget your contact lenses on our first date. I don't want any buyer's remorse until after the ceremony.

Comment

Okay Tayken, here goes... Grandparents rights fall under that unfortunate case of Chapman v. Chapman. One has to prove an existing relationship to the child. The law states that any "third party" can apply, not necessarily the grandparents. The children were not in any imminent danger. I had in my application that the b/friend had prior violent tendencies. But our case for the emergency visit was for Christmas since we had spent each one with them since they were born. Age 4 and 2 years. In any event, I had overwhelming documentation, emails, over 600 photos of our involvement with the children. That is the standard that is required by law, the close relationship of grandparent and grandchild. I spent 14 hours a day, with my husband, researching the law, going back over five years of communication. We copied all Skype calls, all telephone calls. The extent of our relationship with the children was documented extensively. As the judge said "we more than adequately proved our case". The first attorney we approached was a fool. Not very interested in helping us, but wanted $600 per hour. I walked out of the appointment halfway though. The attorney we hired is absolutely fantastic worker. He was sening me draft letters via email at 11.00 p.m. and I was working on them and returning my reply at 4.30 a.m. Massive research, loads of documentation especially pictures, hard work and honesty. The judge could tell that we only wanted the best interests of the children. I will post the judgement order, but not yet. As I said our case is not completley finished. We want a letter of agreement sanctioned by the court prior to the case conference. Once all is done I will post information here that will help others. I do not want to jeopidize our case for the sake of the grandchildren.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty60 View Post
                  Okay Tayken, here goes... Grandparents rights fall under that unfortunate case of Chapman v. Chapman. One has to prove an existing relationship to the child. The law states that any "third party" can apply, not necessarily the grandparents. The children were not in any imminent danger. I had in my application that the b/friend had prior violent tendencies. But our case for the emergency visit was for Christmas since we had spent each one with them since they were born. Age 4 and 2 years. In any event, I had overwhelming documentation, emails, over 600 photos of our involvement with the children. That is the standard that is required by law, the close relationship of grandparent and grandchild. I spent 14 hours a day, with my husband, researching the law, going back over five years of communication. We copied all Skype calls, all telephone calls. The extent of our relationship with the children was documented extensively. As the judge said "we more than adequately proved our case". The first attorney we approached was a fool. Not very interested in helping us, but wanted $600 per hour. I walked out of the appointment halfway though. The attorney we hired is absolutely fantastic worker. He was sening me draft letters via email at 11.00 p.m. and I was working on them and returning my reply at 4.30 a.m. Massive research, loads of documentation especially pictures, hard work and honesty. The judge could tell that we only wanted the best interests of the children. I will post the judgement order, but not yet. As I said our case is not completley finished. We want a letter of agreement sanctioned by the court prior to the case conference. Once all is done I will post information here that will help others. I do not want to jeopidize our case for the sake of the grandchildren.
                  Very familiar with Champan v. Chapman and "grandparents rights".

You are submitting from what I can tell is that you have brought forward an Application (Form 8) for access which cannot be located in either jurisdiction as part of the public record on any element of any description you have provided.

Application for access that is opposed by custodial parents is denied unless the parents’ decision is clearly shown to be detrimental to the child.

The leading case in Ontario is Chapman v Chapman 2001 CarswellOnt 537 (C.A.).

Parents are generally entitled to decide who may have access to their children.

Courts have upheld parental decisions to terminate access where the grandparent overstepped the reasonable boundaries of his or her role as a grandparent: Blackburn v. Fortin and Lepage 2006 CanLii (S.C.J.); Diab v Daher 2011 CarswellOnt 1118 (S.C.J.).

Furthermore to quote a very well known justice in the Peel Region on "photographs and emails" - they are irrelevant generally. Photographs and the continual presentment of them at court and in motion materials to demonstrate involvement generally, from what I have researched and witnessed when auditing motion hearings and trials is that they are discarded by the judge.

There are currently no decisions in the time frames you are boasting for any application before either court of competent jurisdiction in the public record. Furthermore, you still haven't addressed the SIGNIFICANT technical issues with bringing forward this application in the "emergency" way you have claimed.

Most of your story and the continuation of your story is wrought with highly improbably situations in Family Law in the province of Ontario. Most of your current post is wrought with emotional reasoning and no cogent or relevant evidence to "how" you did what you "claim" to have done. Someone who has invested what you claim to have in this matter would be able to name the forms, motions, and technical procedural methods on how this was brought forward.

Even self represented litigants who have only spent 14 hours total on their entire case present more knowledgeable questions and assumptions than you do in your correspondence.

Good Luck!
                  Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Patty60 View Post
                    I spent 14 hours a day, with my husband, researching the law, going back over five years of communication. We copied all Skype calls, all telephone calls.
                    that one is brought my attention.

Would you please describe exactly how you manage to copied all Skype calls and if possible what looks even more fascinating all telephone calls for period going back over five years of communication ?

Thank you
                    WD

Comment

WorkingDad and Tayken. I think you're going to have to wait for the book.

The good news is that it will be much better than the 3D movie.

Comment

WorkingDad and Tayken. I think you're going to have to wait for the book.

The good news is that it will be much better than the 3D movie.
                        LOL! Thanks for the laugh. Honestly. I forgot about "the book" allegation made by the OP. PH you tend to bring a very interesting (and often funny) twist to the threads.

The "book" is a tell tail sign of a high-conflicted individual...

A-la-America's Most Wanted "Mo-Other".

Date: 2003-02-28
                        Docket: R01-135
                        Parallel citations: 36 RFL (5th) 215
                        URL: CanLII - 2003 CanLII 1965 (ON SC)
                        Citation: Vandenelsen v. Merkley, 2003 CanLII 1965 (ON SC)

Note: The counsel for the Respondent on this case law is none other than the Justice Lemon who if you haven't seen him in action... Is a very highly regarded family law justice now.

Good Luck!
                        Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                          that one is brought my attention.

Would you please describe exactly how you manage to copied all Skype calls and if possible what looks even more fascinating all telephone calls for period going back over five years of communication ?

Thank you
                          WD
                          Also, who the hell does this to their grand kids without planning on using it in the future? Good call on that one. Also, transcribing all that would be so damn expensive and no sitting judge is going to sift through all that. I can also tell you they are going to flip their lid that they recorded this stuff and presented it as "evidence". The children involved in the matter's privacy whom they recorded is WAY more important than them "proving their case" that they should have access.

I truly hope that the OP is not telling the truth... For the children's sake and the fact that their lives are part of the public record now.

Comment

Grandparents Denied Access

Tayken, I sure hope you are NOT an attorney. It seems to me that you are an insufferable ass and as soon as I WANT TO POST the court information, I will. On my timetable and not YOURS. There is no possible reason for me to lie or elaborate because there is a lot of pain for family in crises.

Comment

WD, Who do you think would actually physically record the duration of Skype and/or phone calls. It was the record of the calls both Skype and Vonage that is recorded in the history of the accounts where one can prove that one has been in contact with a specific person. I might add that our attorney was extremely impressed with our preparation and said that he believed our case because of the information we provided. I might add that we saw the children at Christmas time. The judge said he loved seeing pictures. Of course, our attorney did not present all 600 pictures. He selected a number what he felt was acceptable to the judge. Most important, again, is the children.

Comment

who was the judge??

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X