Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent you the workbook I hope it is helpful.

Comment

booklet

thank you very much..........I will let everyone know what happens in the next week.........I have a feeling this may be very tressful for me not to mention for my child.......hopefully I will not have to have my child go to court.......just another question.......who pays for this childs lawyer..considering his father requested wouldnt he have to pay..........and again do I mention conflict of interest at the first appearance

Comment

Not sure on how the fees are paid in your province - you might want to clarify that with the Office of the Children's Lawyer.

Comment

littleman,

Is both parties requesting the involvement of the Office of the Children's Lawyer?

If so the court may appoint them to act under order. The children's lawyer would have to accept this appointment. There is no cost to have them involved to represent your child. They perhaps will conduct a parental assessment also.

LV

Comment

Littleman,

Family law matters in Ont, such as custody, access tend to shield children from being a party to the proceedings ie:witness etc.

A child could be interviewed by the Judge in chambers, but the interview is videotaped. Seldom this occurs.

It is improper to have children in the court room during case conference's and motions etc.

I don't think you have to worry about this.

LV

Comment

private message

I cant access the private message you sent me........not sure why

Comment

I have that problem too at times, accessing pm's. Turns out the popup blocker I run blocks it. I have to turn it off to access the messages.

Comment

I am not a lawyer, but there might be a conflict of interest with his lawyer there
                  I just noted this post. It would only be considered a conflict of interest if the husband's lawyer provided littleman with legal advice as well. It's possible she is just referring to a lawyer that the husband had retained to draft the parties' separation agreement.

Lindsay

Comment

lawyer

the separation agreement never went through......she was slow and too many errors on her part.......I didnt think you could have same lawyer for attempted separation and custody case

Comment

Hi littleman,

You can definitely have the same lawyer who dealt with your separation agreement represent you in your litigated proceeding.

Lindsay

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X