Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, fighting over the little things!!!!
    I tried to transfer it over to her, she told me that she would have to pay a deposit of $500 bucks, so I got stuck with the contract. I really did want to be done with it.
    As for the pets, to her its a way to get back at me and she knows the button to push. I just need to figure out a way where she can't push it anymore.

And hey, yea we do sound like bickering children, I realized it as soon as the email went out and nothing I could do to stop it then.

"And yes, she will show your email to her lawyer and you can show her email to your lawyer. Each lawyer should look at it, roll their eyes, and then ask what you want to do." Well her lawyer's case he will try to get every amount of pull he can, he has already said that my debts in Saskatchewan were before the marriaged. Funny thing is I wasn't up here before I got married.

Thanks for the advice and again I do agree that we did like bickering children. I think the best advice I can give is to try not to talk to her.

Comment

Originally posted by hrobins View Post
      she told me that she would have to pay a deposit of $500 bucks
      So? It is not your problem. You don't want/need the phone and you are looking to severe yourself from her. There are really only two options in this scenario:

1. She wants the phone and keeps it. She pays the bills and you are removed from the contract and she takes it over herself.

2. She cannot pay for the contact or does not want to take it over. You take over the contact and remove her from it, thus entitling you to the phone back.

You will learn over time to keep your emails focused. When it comes to the children, it is what is in the children's best interests. When it comes to marital property (and pets) you focus on fairness and equity, and that she cannot distribute any marital property prior to the divorce being finalized.

Comment

I think I would of paid the $500 to transfer the cell account to their name -- It's done with. Much cheaper than riding out the contract. Additionally, it might be seen as an olive branch towards settlement and perhaps return of your pet(s).

I'm sure you have spent more than $500 already on these issues alone by way of consultations with your lawyer and nothing really solved.

Comment

I offered she refused, saying she was going to do it herself. Thing is she wanted me to pay for it. This I got from a mutual friend of ours.

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
          I think I would of paid the $500 to transfer the cell account to their name -- It's done with. Much cheaper than riding out the contract. Additionally, it might be seen as an olive branch towards settlement and perhaps return of your pet(s).

I'm sure you have spent more than $500 already on these issues alone by way of consultations with your lawyer and nothing really solved.

Comment

Does it matter who arranges the transfer as long as your in agreement - $500 out of your pocket for the cell phone issue is a bargain if it aids in return in your pet(s). Whats your alternative - Independent civil action apart from the Family action which could cost thousands and years and even then - no guarantee return of your pet(s) or success... Save your coin.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X