Phone numer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone numer

My ex gave my kids an old cell phone of his this past summer. He refuses to give me the number. They boys claim they don't know the phone number. I have asked for the number a few times but he keeps saying no, claiming that it is really his phone, not the boys', therefore I cannot have the number.

Am i entitled to have access to this number in order to contact them?

how have you been contacting them before they got their fathers old cell phone? How old are the kids?

Comment

Do they have this phone with them when they are with you? You can check the device settings and get the number?

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry View Post
        My ex gave my kids an old cell phone of his this past summer. He refuses to give me the number.
        Theoretical answer

Your ex is under no obligation to provide you with the cell number. In fact, he is under no obligation to allow you to contact the kids during his parenting time at all.

Your ex does have to provide you with a means of contact for himself.

If you wish to contact your children during his parenting time, the proper procedure would be to call him and ask to speak to the kids.

Practical answer

Next the time the kids are with you, have them call you. Tada! You now have the number.

Comment

Thanks! Our boys are 12 today and yes, they use this phone to talk with their dad while here. I have asked them to call me when they are here, they won't.

As mentioned, today is their birthday. Dad is refusing to allow me to call them for birthday wishes. They are expecting my call. I simply do not understand one parent denying the other the opportunity to say happy birthday to their children.

I appreciate all responses. It just sucks being denied contact on a special day. In the long run, we will survive.

Comment

If your kids are 12, why not just email them?

Comment

I've been using Google Hangouts for years to keep touch with my kids. It's super easy for me and for them. You can share photos on there and it works like texting, for free.

Comment

The only email account they have is the one orovided by their virtual school. Good idea! I will also check out Google Hangouts.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X