X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi Jeff,
    Great idea...I hope it flys! I m in several sites where people could use this type of forum so I will mention it there.
    I personally hope I m at the tail end of a divorce...I was represented for a bit and then could afford it any longer and went unrepresented to trial. It is a horrible experience and I try to stay involved with the changes. Going back to court Oct 17 again to settle up some language but officially divorced now for over a year and can't wait for the day when I will not have to be in a court room ever again.
    I sit on a community agency Board of Directors that support people through mediation and support the children thru tough times.
    Looking forward to the forum.
    Niki

Hi Niki,

Thanks for dropping by! I hope that you can help others here with your experiences.

Thanks for your kind words about the forums.

Ouch! Going to trial on your own is not something that’s easy. I’m a big supporter of helping people represent themselves, but a trial is very complex. I’m glad to hear that your life is returning to normal.

Feel free to post more information about your community agency. If enough people do that, I’ll put together some sort of centralized list that people can refer to.

Jeff
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

I actually work for a different type of social service....developmental disabilities but I sit on the Board of Directors for the Durham Family Court Clinic in Oshawa...wonderful agency that provides mediation services and supports for the youth at risk in the community.

Thanks for the invite to the site...yes...I have experiences for sure...going to trial was very emotional and preparing that trial brief was gruelling...but it was a personal challenge and success. I wouldn't recommend the average joe go thru that route at all. I had to take time off work to concentrate on my ordeal. Thank god I have a great employer.

Comment

Thanks Niki!
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X