Setting myself up for sucess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selfrepmom View Post
    Out of genuine curiosity, if two people get married and one had a house in their name years before the marriage and the house is kept solely in that person’s name after the marriage, does the house get split evenly upon divorce or only the equity that has built up since marriage (assuming said home is the matrimonial home of course)
    Assuming no prenup, the entire house gets split.

I know what you are thinking, "that's crazy, nobody would allow that to happen!"

Welcome to family law in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      Clearly you have misunderstood the point of this game.

I think the OP doesn’t understand the game being played either.

I do like the fake boobs suggestion. Should also insist that all gifts be expensive jewelry and that gifts be given monthly for different events. First time we breathed together, first cup of coffee purchased etc. Should also schedule your days around working out, shopping and personal care while having a nanny (add push present to the list) which will need to continue when divorced.

Comment

Oooo ya and make sure the nanny is smokin hot so he’s extremely tempted to cheat. Then once he cheats and you inevitably file for divorce he might be less likely to fight you in court because of the guilt. You want to make sure YOU are the one that is “jaded”. If he is, then it might be a bit more difficult to get your jackpot payout

Comment

Originally posted by Selfrepmom View Post
          Oooo ya and make sure the nanny is smokin hot so he’s extremely tempted to cheat. Then once he cheats and you inevitably file for divorce he might be less likely to fight you in court because of the guilt. You want to make sure YOU are the one that is “jaded”. If he is, then it might be a bit more difficult to get your jackpot payout
          No.

My advice is legally grounded. You can really use it to screw your future spouse out of a lot of money.

Rockscan's suggestion to create a wealthy lifestyle is also good, since the courts often have an expectation that the lifestyle should continue.

I don't actually recommend the hot nanny, because if your STBX hooks up with the nanny he might spend money on her while you guys are married, and that lowers the eventual payout.

Comment

And if he gets the nanny pregnant he will have another mouth to feed also lowering her payout.

Comment

Wow... When I read the title of this thread, the contents were not what I had in mind.

I guess "success" means a whole lot different to different people.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                Clearly you have misunderstood the point of this game.
                If this is a game, it is not a funny one, as lots of us have been taken to the cleaners in the similar fashion and examples being mocked about.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
                  If this is a game, it is not a funny one, as lots of us have been taken to the cleaners in the similar fashion and examples being mocked about.

They are trolling the original poster for being ridiculous. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
                    It depends on your sense of humour I guess.

I was hoping that somebody was going to say that my plans were ridiculous, and then I was going to point out that, legally speaking, my entire evil scheme was actually quite reasonable.

Have you ever seen AOC's "I wanna be evil" speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRM1t4RU69c

Comment

Wow, very entertaining thread (where DID the OP go?)...
                      As for the house question - Yup, very unfair. I owned my childhood house before marriage and would have had to split it's value but for the fact that we never divided assets and now it's too late (too much time elapsed) & I don't have to.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X