This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settled!! Miracles do happen!!

We settled at the last minute, I got less than what I could have gotten at trial, but the ex gave more than was ready to pay... and we saved the legal fees!! The best part, going through FRO: so we never have to interact again!! (adult kids)... So relieved and happy, it's been a tough couple of years, spent about $60,000 but I would do it again. All of you, patience, stay strong, you'll get there (even at my glacial speed). I was blessed with a wonderful legal team, so shop carefully for the person representing you, it made all the difference in a case where the ex changed lawyers every time they disagreed on moneys to be paid. I will stick around to try and help, thanks to everyone who answered my queries here. GOOD LUCK!!

Congrats...Severely envious ! Celebrate the end of the big battle...

Would you mind sending me a PM with your lawyer/legal team as I am going to look to switch mine. I am very unhappy with her response times, communication and I hope it's isolated and not across the board.

Comment

I have no lawyer, no Legal Aid, have house and pension which spouse wants. $24000.00 dollars. He proposes he takes loan of $25000.00, gives me no spousal and he keeps his name on house until paid off in 7 years. How do I get to keep my house for three children; two with disability and one 13?

Comment

how do I send a message publicly on this site?

Comment

I guess you mean "post"? You go to the top of the thread you want to post in, there should be a "new topic" button at the top left. (inside forums, choose one of the categories Financial, Political etc...). You probably want to move your question to a new thread to get your answers.

Comment

way to go torontonian!

Comment

Torontonian, I share your relief. How wonderful it is to settle. Mine was with a mediator/arbitrator and I also had a wonderful legal team. Isn't it interesting that my x also had to change counsel,,,, the funny thing is--his first lawyer basically fired him, she introduced him to a friend of hers and thought he would be better represented with her. His new counsel read him the riot act and basically set him up for mediation/arbitration making him believe he was going to get lots and lots of money, in settling property and over payment of support,,,, well in the end justice prevailed and he owes me money for property and not only is he not getting any back any overpayment of support, he in fact owes me double of what he was paying.
              It's so good when this process is over and there is closure.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X