This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda funny really......

Wow, I don't get to post often anymore cause like can be so darn busy. But, just had to post this cause I am baffled to the core.

My ex will have the children for Xmas this year and he was proud to tell me what SANTA will be bringing my 8 year old son .....................

AN ICE AUGER!!!!

OK, I wanted to cry at first but then remembered he is well aware who "Santa" is and he will be getting what he asked for when he comes home. But really??? Nice to know you buy your kids something you want. Sheesh.

Everyone have yourselves a blessed Christmas. Hug your kids tight, take each day one at a time. And always remember to love yourselves first - your worth it!

My ex proudly told me he bought my boys cross bows from Santa for under the tree. Idiot...

Comment

just because one does not agree with what the ex has gotten, doesnt mean one should complain. Who knows what the kids asked their fathers for? Be thankful they got them something and if the kid comes home and actually loved the present be happy for them.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        just because one does not agree with what the ex has gotten, doesnt mean one should complain. Who knows what the kids asked their fathers for? Be thankful they got them something and if the kid comes home and actually loved the present be happy for them.
        Standing-Do you have any comments you make that aren't condescending and argumentative ? I will not speak for mom but as for myself...it is NOT appropriate for a 6 and 13 year old to have hunting crossbows where the guardian /parent does not have a safe for proper/safe storage (similiar to one required for handguns). These are not toys...they are hunting weapons. One child who accidentally walks in front of one by mistake is dead. He is going to let them use them in the house with a makeshift 'stop' in the basement. This is completely unsafe and stupid. There are clubs that will store the weapons and where proper safety is monitored by a 'Guide' however dad has decided the kids are responsible enough.

Sorry...but of course I should be thankful you as you recommend.

Comment

Well, they aren't the most appropriate gifts (lol) but at least they got something. My children are still waiting for their gifts from their dad even after calling constantly. The excuse -- he hasn't wrapped them yet. We live in the same small town about 3 minutes from one another. Shouldn't be surprised though, he hasn't seen them since November 13th because he's been "too busy".

Chances are he doesn't even have anything for them. Although he did manage to buy himself a nice little $500 pug puppy! Priorities...

Comment

Hmmm, sounds like some are too busy getting in their ex's business.

Stop policing your ex and their relationship with their kids. It's not your job.

Comment

we need a "like" button!

Comment

Agreed Billie!

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
                  Hmmm, sounds like some are too busy getting in their ex's business.

Stop policing your ex and their relationship with their kids. It's not your job.
                  I sure hope you are not talking to me because calling it policing the ex and the "relationship" with his kids is laughable at best. Wanting their father to have a relationship with them would not be considered "policing", it would be considered looking out for the best interest of our children. Shame on me for wanting the kids to have their father in their lives and wanting him to give a crap about them. Shame on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Styled View Post
                    I sure hope you are not talking to me because calling it policing the ex and the "relationship" with his kids is laughable at best. Wanting their father to have a relationship with them would not be considered "policing", it would be considered looking out for the best interest of our children. Shame on me for wanting the kids to have their father in their lives and wanting him to give a crap about them. Shame on me.
                    Not sure if that was intended for you, but it sure got your back up pretty quickly! I think Bill's point is right on though...its not about the gifts!

You would have been better off not mentioning the pug and leaving your main complaint as :he hasnt seen his kids for Christmas YET.

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
                      Not sure if that was intended for you, but it sure got your back up pretty quickly! I think Bill's point is right on though...its not about the gifts!

You would have been better off not mentioning the pug and leaving your main complaint as :he hasnt seen his kids for Christmas YET.
                      Of course I questioned whether it was directed at me or not, there hasn't been a post in this thread for over a month until I did. lol

Oh he has seen them once since Christmas -- when he made them stand outside on his front porch while he grabbed the gifts from their grandparents (they live out of province). Yes, that was a couple of weeks ago when they were supposed to go over to open gifts with their dad but once again didn't have time for them and made them wait outside. His excuse -- his gifts weren't wrapped and he would call them when they were. I spoke to him the other day and told him it's not about the gifts, they want to spend time with him and are using the excuse of getting their presents as a way to do that. He ignored that and said they'll get them when they get them.

The comment about the pug came about because no matter how hard the kids try to stay connected with their dad, his wants and his needs will always come first. I honestly couldn't care less what he does in his life as long as he is sharing it with his kids. End of story.

Comment

Billm...if the comment was for me, can you or someone else explain how I should be ok with hunting weapons ?
                        Also note I did not say anything to our children, nor to dad (and I did take the kids out and had them pick out a present for their dad and bought it... It's the right thing to do ) about his gifts to them. This was a personal rant statement about an inappropriate and dangerous gift.
                        It has nothing to do with controlling dad...

Comment

Originally posted by May_May View Post
                          Billm...if the comment was for me, can you or someone else explain how I should be ok with hunting weapons ?
                          Also note I did not say anything to our children, nor to dad (and I did take the kids out and had them pick out a present for their dad and bought it... It's the right thing to do ) about his gifts to them. This was a personal rant statement about an inappropriate and dangerous gift.
                          Hunting is a common past time for many people, and children are regularly included.

ust because you don't agree with hunting or owning hunting weapons, doesn't mean it isn't normal and/or appropriate.

My uncle hunted all the time with my cousins from an early age. My brother-in-law takes his son to his parents hunting cabin each year (for as far back as I can remember).

Hunting is a legitimate past time and teaching the kids how to respect and maintain their hunting tools is a valuable lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by May_May View Post
                            I applaud you on letting him decide what is appropriate despite your concerns.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X