Agreed to terms of settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    Wow.....Perseverance or what :-) Turn that damn thing into a court order right ASAP, and file for that divorce (should take 3 months or so).

How is all that garbage removal coming along? Can't wait to see pics of the finished work
    I've had the kids since Wednesday so not much house work has been done. I went through some of the toys with the kids this weekend. Of course the stuff we found they haven't seen in a year so it was like a new toy and they wanted to keep it.

I was able to put some new blinds ups.

I went to get my marriage certificate back from my ex on Wednesday turns out it's just a record of marriage so I have to pay to get the real certificate just to send it in and have it shredded. So stupid. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
      I went through some of the toys with the kids this weekend. Of course the stuff we found they haven't seen in a year so it was like a new toy and they wanted to keep it.
      When my kids were little it was sometimes difficult for them to part with stuff.

I let them keep a box in their closet for the stuff that they couldn't give away. It wasn't a big box, just big enough to keep a stuffed toy and a couple of other small toys. They felt better at cleaning and purging if they didn't have to give it all away.

Most of the time they never went back into the box again. The next time we did a purge, about a year later, most of the stuff they had saved was given away.
      Last edited by frustratedwithex; 06-16-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Sometimes it makes it easier when you explain to your kids that you are going to go through their things with them to pick out things for children who have no toys. Then you can take them with you to a donation place. Teaches kids at a young age to be grateful for everything they have and to think of others who have nothing. You can keep a special box in the basement and encourage the kids to put things in there throughout the year.

Comment

So on Jan 13th my ex wife gave me verbal notice that she was moving 8 hours away on Jan 25th. She was mentally unwell and the kids would be with me full time. She has been off work yet again due to mental illness. She has new children with 2 different baby daddies. She is now married to baby daddy number 3. She pulled one of those kids from the school (Same school as 11yo) and registered him in the new city. Husband is still here working apparently. Not sure what's going on with their marriage but he may move once he finds a job.

Kids are still attending school in Brampton (Her home school). I'm currently living in Milton. So the kids are now at "orphaned" schools. They are now 11 (grade 6) and 14 (grade 9). I'm currently driving and picking them up each day. $600 407 bill vs the $300 I've been used to.

I had already started the process of having their school changed to Milton but need some paperwork and consent from my ex. She said if they are changing schools they are moving here with me. Yeah... That's not going to F**KIN' happen. So needless to say she won't consent to a school change.

Feb 1st came and went I didn't send her any CS and she certainly hasn't offered any to me.

I've already started the paperwork for a new motion asking for a TEMPORARY order for Child Support and an order for consent to have their schools changed.

Just not sure if this is the best first step. I've already edited our agreement to be the terms that I like going forward and thought of just sending it to her as a starting point but honestly it's just going to cause a fight. I might be better off just serving her and getting a case conference started.

My asks would be as follows

Basically primary residence with me
          She pays me CS
          She can have access in the other town at her own cost based on our existing agreement. With an update that it's 2 weekends per month (which she won't be able to do) She can have March break, Easter, 5 of 9 summer weeks (Currently it's 4/5 one year and 5/4 the next), Thanksgiving, and Christmas is to stay the same one week each alternating Christmas day each year.

Hopefully this won't require another huge fight but I know she isn't going to want to pay me any CS. Her table amount is a little over $700. I don't know what she did with her job. She was employed full time but on mental leave. I don't know if her moving affects that. I'm guessing she just won't work going forward and will show $0 income.

Wish me luck and let me know if going right to a case conference would probably be the best first step.

I also wondered if this is considered an emergency motion, but from what I've read the kids are not in danger so I don't think so. I am worried that the kids don't have a house to go to in the neighborhood now so I'm not sure if that would be something that would allow me to push a temporary order through quickly.

Thanks

FB

Comment

Not an emergency motion. MSG me.

Comment

Ok I've gotten most of my court paperwork prepared.

I will be filing a motion to change.

The part of really struggling with is to deal with one of the biggest issues and not deal with the rest. Issues are as follows

1. Children's School for 2020-2021 year
              2. Child Support
              3. Access

1. This is my biggest concern. Ex has refused to sign paperwork required to register the children at their respective schools in Milton. She has verbally told me that if they are going to change schools it should be to SSM.

2. Child support is not currently being paid. Table amount based on her 2019 NOA would be $780 which she will claim she can't pay as shes now on LTD (Mental Leave).

3. We already have an existing order for 50/50 which she is not using. I personally don't want the situation changed and would be fine with her moving back and going back to this schedule. So presently kids have been with me full time. We have already agreed the kids will be spending March Break with her.

Option 1: Just ask for an order for the kids schools to be changed.

Option 2:

- Ask for an order for Primary Care
              - Ask for an order for Child Support
              - Ask for an order for School Change

Thanks

Comment

Either way, access and support would need to be dealt with for a change in school. Might as well go for option 2. LTD's still pays support. Hopefully they'll agree to school then it's up to you whether you want to continue court for support.

Comment

As a mom all I can say is thank God your kids have you. All they need is one stable parent. Wishing some peace to come your way.
                  Last edited by Helpmyspouse; 03-04-2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
                    Either way, access and support would need to be dealt with for a change in school. Might as well go for option 2. LTD's still pays support. Hopefully they'll agree to school then it's up to you whether you want to continue court for support.
                    I'm not so sure it would. We have an existing order which she is choosing not to follow. She could not take the kids to where she is because of a clause in our existing order. If I ask for a change in access it just opens the whole thing up again for her to argue and possibly get changed. If I file just for the school then the onus is on her to file a motion for a change in access. The longer she continues this the longer I have status quo on my side. Then if she does decide to move back into this area I'll already have an order for their schooling which she'd have to work with. I have no issues with the existing order and it was working fine.

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
                    As a mom all I can say is thank God your kids have you. All they need is one stable parent. Wishing some peace to come your way.
                    Thanks. It had been rather peaceful and the schedule was working well but she has some mental health problems she's been struggling with for years and some other unfortunate circumstances somewhat forced her hand here. I just want to make sure that my kids are taken care of and I get them setup with some stability until she figures her shit out.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                      I'm not so sure it would. We have an existing order which she is choosing not to follow. She could not take the kids to where she is because of a clause in our existing order. If I ask for a change in access it just opens the whole thing up again for her to argue and possibly get changed. If I file just for the school then the onus is on her to file a motion for a change in access. The longer she continues this the longer I have status quo on my side. Then if she does decide to move back into this area I'll already have an order for their schooling which she'd have to work with. I have no issues with the existing order and it was working fine.
                      I'm not sure what your current orders are, but this is just my opinion.
                      Assume you only ask for school. Kids go to school in Brampton. You want to move them to Milton and she wants them to go in S.S.M. Whichever way the judge rules, they'll be forced to deal with access and support due to their ruling.

No need to play nice. Ask for everything as per status quo, and hope that she'll agree to Milton instead of going to court. School would have to be dealt with before you'd make it to trial, and it seems you would win Milton from what you say. Hopefully she'll agree, then the ball's in your court to decide whether you want to continue.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X