This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorced B.C. father kept from seeing child

CBC News - The National - Go Public - Divorced B.C. father kept from seeing child

I just don't understand how is this possible.

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
    it saddens me to see "grown-ups" act this way. They looked so happy together in the picture with the fake eyes. How can the other two pictures that were described be thought of as inappropriate?? To me and I think to most normal people, they are just innocent pictures of childhood.

Comment

Well the judge ruled out those pictures as being inappropriate but I don't understand how the mother can keep the child away from seeing her father. I thought the courts were more strict when it comes to that.

Comment

Denials of court ordered access is a form of child abuse and really questions that parent's ability to parent effectively.

Whats the point of Court orders if they are not followed. Justice in disrepute.

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
          I came across a very nice quote made by

Madame Justice Trussler in

Tremblay v. Tremblay

Alberta Court of Queen's Bench, Judgment: September 1, 1987
          Docket: Edmonton No. 4803 61390

" I start with the premise that a parent has the right to see his or her children and is only to be deprived of that right if he or she has abused or neglected the children. Likewise, and more important, a child has a right to the love, care and guidance of a parent. To be denied that right by the other parent without sufficient justification, such as abuse or neglect, is, in itself, a form of child abuse."
          http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...od-quotes-405/

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X