Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Trips special expenses

Hi,
    Just wanted to ask , are school Trips considered s7 special expenses?
    I am being asked to pay full buck for them.
    Thanks

Depends on support paid, incomes and costs of trips. $15 trip is a no. $500 trip is a yes. Trips in between $50 and $500 may or may not be depending on off set support, income of paying parent etc.

Comment

And, do you consent to the trip in question? Do you feel it would be beneficial to the child?

Comment

Originally posted by Keepgoing View Post
        Hi,
        Thanks
        If possible getting S-7 specifically defined as part of the legal agreement is much preferred to asking this every time a new one comes up.

An appendix or separate schedule is recommended so if revisions needed the whole agreement does not get opened up. This could include a provision for revision of material circumstances change.

How much do lawyers get paid to deal with these over and over? Enough to pay for a lot of activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Keepgoing View Post
          Hi,
          Thanks

Basically what Rockscan already said to you.
          You didn't provide any details, so we can only guess.

If it's the typical school field trips for the day, locally, or to nearby cities, it's probably a "no". $15 towards a bus trip? $20 for admission to some museum/park? No.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X