Splitting home country bank accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting home country bank accounts

Me and my spouse are on verge of starting divorce, wishing the other should start it
    I worry about her account in our home country which had our savings sent from here. Unfortunately that account is only in her name and I suspect she is fraudulently transferring large sums to her brother so that during assets division, she could declare lower assets
    How to deal with this?
    Is there a rule for a accountability of the bank accounts for large sums of money transferred before divorce was started?

Originally posted by divorceakai View Post
    Me and my spouse are on verge of starting divorce, wishing the other should start it
    Generally, one side gains from the stalling, the other side loses from stalling. The side that loses from stalling is the one that should start it.

How to deal with this?
    Seems like you are the one losing by stalling. Stop stalling. File and get stuff split ASAP so you don't have to worry about it.

Is there a rule for a accountability of the bank accounts for large sums of money transferred before divorce was started?
    In theory yes.

In practice, do you have evidence that this account exists? Find some papers in the house that show that she owns that account. Almost anything will work. If you can prove the account exists, she will have to show her transactions and you can account for the money.

If you cannot prove the account exists, she will deny it exists, and you get nothing.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X