This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

bought my soon to be ex a mother's day gift of 2 dozen chocolate covered strawberrires (they make them look like long stem roses) no matter what happens in the future she is still the mother of my daughters. long story short she text messages me ... "thanks for the strawberries" !!! she totally missed that this is a gift for mother's day. talk about frigid!!!

JEC

Comment

Um...what SHOLULD she have said???

Comment

lol, I see your point, I guess what I expected was a thank you for celebrating the reason for the gift instead of thank you for what the gift was. I could get chocolate covered strawberries any old time, for no reason at all, but when it reflects or marks or acknowledges a special time or day, i thought she would make the connection as she did when better relationship times. I suppose I should recognize divorce changes everything.

if anyone here is in the Niagara Region and would like to sit and chat I sure could use the support.

JEC

Comment

Is this the first year apart?

Comment

Originally posted by JEC View Post
            bought my soon to be ex a mother's day gift of 2 dozen chocolate covered strawberrires (they make them look like long stem roses) no matter what happens in the future she is still the mother of my daughters. long story short she text messages me ... "thanks for the strawberries" !!! she totally missed that this is a gift for mother's day. talk about frigid!!!

JEC
            That was a nice gester but chocolate covered strawberries to me are just too sexy.... maybe that threw her off. Maybe just a nice bunch of roses would have gotten you a different response.

Glad you were able to do this for her (even though maybe she didn't deserve it?)

I sent a text to ex for his birthday wishing him a good day from ex and child and he responded thanks for the wishes, but on my birthday I got nothing.....
            I think I did hold my breathe thinking maybe just maybe something

Where about's in the falls?

Comment

Originally posted by tugofwar View Post
              chocolate covered strawberries to me are just too sexy.....
              All the boys on the board are going to remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                Um...what SHOLULD she have said???

What happened to the edit feature??? Now I look like I can't speell.

Comment

It's Friiiday night, I though yu were jus drunkle

You can only edit for like 10 minutes or something silly like that.

Comment

Ohhhhh.....I guess I always noticed it faster. And yes, it's friday night and I'm not drunked, thought I'd try out the other side for a change

Comment

yup, first year, actually only seperated since a week before what would have been our 25th anniversary (February 14). i agreed to have the seperation agreement backdated to March 2009 so she could start the divorce papers.

some days are still very hard to get through, she is doing her best to keep the kids from me.

JEC

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I think the first year is definately the hardest when neither person knows what they're supposed to do with or for the other or what to expect from the other. As long as you always do what's right for the kids you're doing the right thing - including respecting the other person both as a person and as a parent.

Comment

i'm pretty sure my ex knows what she wants to do, she has no problem dating already and going away on weekends with the lawyer that was supposed to be representing us both as we are all (were) friends. This same lawyer was redoing my last will and emailed me as an attachement along with court documents for approval, it appears all these documents were CCed to my ex, yes including my will. As you can imagine, I have a real problem with this. This lawyer is also a notary public ... are they not supposed to be "trusted in the community"?

JEC

Comment

FYI to JEC: agreeing with your ex to backdate your separation date for the purpose of speeding up the proceedings is called "collusion" and under the Divorce Act, collusion is an absolute bar to divorce. It's a damn good thing these boards are basically anonymous! Sheesh, if it seems sneaky, it's probally illegal LOL!

Oh, and just wanted to say, 25 years and she STILL gets chocolate covered strawberries??? Man, I don't know where I have gone wrong all this time!!!

Comment

the back dating was done on the advice (or conspiracy) from my ex and her lawyer friend. hmmmm maybe I will have to revisit this now that I have my own representation.

I will put this offer out again, if any of the ladies are in the Niagara area, that are interested in hearing and being heard I could really use a female's perspective.

JEC

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X