Renovations in matrimonial home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpinist View Post
    Your ex makes $500,000 per year and the kids have $200,000 per year in section 7 expenses that you split 50/50?! Something doesn't add up? Why don't you counter you want section 7 split according to income, also place a cap on the section 7 extracurriculars?
    My ex has paid all section 7 expenses. It wasn't that high before but our second child started private school too, etc. He can afford it. He makes 700k to 900 year.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue22 View Post
      I provided my financial disclosure when I was unemployed and in the process of starting my own business. My ex's lawyer requested financial documents from my new business but I'm not comfortable giving it to him as then he will see how much my bf is making and will use it against me.

The matrimonial home is my home too. I have a trust claim and can prove I provided part of the down payment. My lawyer at the time advised it was fine for me to change the locks and lock him out. I didn't do anything illegal. He moved out.

It doesn’t matter what you are comfortable with. If he said he wasn’t comfortable giving disclosure because he doesn’t want you to know his income would you accept that? Im sure the answer is no.

You chose to open a business and you also chose to pay your boyfriend a salary rather than take one yourself. You don’t get to say no to disclosure because you made a bad decision.

As for your trust claim, it’s not as much as you want and it definitely isn’t 25k a month.

Your kids will have to quit private school and some of their activities. If you can’t afford them and he doesn’t want to do them then it’s a no. Not to mention he isn’t going to pay you spousal so you can afford expenses. That’s not how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        It doesn�t matter what you are comfortable with. If he said he wasn�t comfortable giving disclosure because he doesn�t want you to know his income would you accept that? Im sure the answer is no.

You chose to open a business and you also chose to pay your boyfriend a salary rather than take one yourself. You don�t get to say no to disclosure because you made a bad decision.

As for your trust claim, it�s not as much as you want and it definitely isn�t 25k a month.

Your kids will have to quit private school and some of their activities. If you can�t afford them and he doesn�t want to do them then it�s a no. Not to mention he isn�t going to pay you spousal so you can afford expenses. That�s not how it works.

He has no problem keeping them in. I have no problem letting them continue this but I can afford to contribute anything to it.

Comment

He has no problem keeping them in. I have no problem letting them continue this but I can afford to contribute anything to it.
          They are your kids also so you have to contribute to their upbringing also...stop being a sugar momma on your husbands dime

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
            This is what I’ve been saying all along. Troll.
            same. same.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              It doesn�t matter what you are comfortable with. If he said he wasn�t comfortable giving disclosure because he doesn�t want you to know his income would you accept that? Im sure the answer is no.

You chose to open a business and you also chose to pay your boyfriend a salary rather than take one yourself. You don�t get to say no to disclosure because you made a bad decision.

As for your trust claim, it�s not as much as you want and it definitely isn�t 25k a month.

Your kids will have to quit private school and some of their activities. If you can�t afford them and he doesn�t want to do them then it�s a no. Not to mention he isn�t going to pay you spousal so you can afford expenses. That�s not how it works.

I am pursuing a trust claim so I can get 50% of the increase in the value of the house since separation. That's easily an additional 200 to 400k in my pocket which is worth fighting for. My child and spousal support combined should be about 25k a month so my children's lifestyle with me does not differ too much from my ex's.

My ex and I both want the children to be in private school. I want them to have the best of everything I just can't afford to pay for it but he can.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                They are your kids also so you have to contribute to their upbringing also...stop being a sugar momma on your husbands dime
                I can't afford to contribute. If I contribute I won't have any money left for anything else except food.

Comment

I can't afford to contribute. If I contribute I won't have any money left for anything else except food.

You really need to review your spending. $5000 a month in cs is high. If you can’t contribute because you aren’t paying yourself a salary then you need to do some serious consideration of your employment, earning potential and lifestyle. For the umpteenth time, your ex husband is no longer responsible for supporting you. Get a job and start taking care of yourself. You are responsible for your children not your boyfriend and his kids.

Comment

Then do like every other person with limited funds does, make a budget and make cuts. You need to look after your kids first before you look after your boyfriend. You are putting your boyfriend before your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                      For the 501st time TrueBlue....

Child Support: You will receive offset which due to his salary will be a hefty chunk of change. There are many programs on the internet that can be used to calculate this. All you need to do is plug in your ex's salary and your salary. Child support is easy and straight forward.

Spousal Support: You "may" qualify for a short period of spousal support. Things considered on whether or not you qualify is the duration of marriage, and whether you gave up career opportunities to raise the family. Sounds to me like you are educated and were employed at a Director level at one point? You are capable of making your own money so spousal support may be very limited.

Money: You will get a fair equalization of the division of assets accumulated during the marriage. You are not the first person to separate with a house. It will be renovated and sold. This can all easily be figured out.

Outcome: Sounds to me like your ex is moving forward with finalizing your separation after 5 years (finally!). Work on getting your paperwork (financial statement) in order and stop dragging your heels. The lifestyle at your place versus your ex's place will be different. He makes $900k per year. You do not. Get used to it. With your offset CS, income, and new boyfriend's income, you should be on your feet and able to enjoy life in your new reality. Your life will be harder, however, if you are ordered to pay your ex's legal bills, which based on all you said, is a strong possibility.
                      I don't think it's going to be that easy. He's not going to agree to give me child support based on almost double his previous income when we were together.

My ex wants a full income report to account for perks I received at my old job so he can argue I'm capable of making more than 150k+. My perks were off the books worth over 100k.

Comment

I don't think it's going to be that easy. He's not going to agree to give me child support based on almost double his previous income when we were together.
                        CS is based off his current income not what he was making years ago. His income changes, CS changes. So yes it will be that easy.

My ex wants a full income report to account for perks I received at my old job so he can argue I'm capable of making more than 150k+. My perks were off the books worth over 100k.
                        Again, you quit a job that paid you a good income. Of course he is going to argue that you are capable of earning it. If it was the other way around and he quit his job to avoid paying support, you would argue he’s capable of making $500,000. You don’t get a free pass because you have an entrepreneurial spirit or you were going to lose your job or whatever excuse you want to come up with. You were capable of making $250,000 a year all in. If you are unwilling to do that, he can argue to impute your income.

You need to get it through your head that this isn’t a case of you get everything you want. You have as much responsibility as he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                          CS IS easy. It is based on Line 15000 of his last year's CRA Notice of Assessment. Go ahead....give it a try at this link: https://www.mysupportcalculator.ca/calculator
                          Go ahead. Its easy to punch in the numbers. Heck, I can do it for you. TrueBlue makes $50000/year. Ex makes $900000/year. Children are in "shared" parenting regime. Ex gives Trueblue $6238 per month. If you spend any money on your lawyer about CS, you are literally flushing money down the toilet. Well, flushing it in your lawyer's wallet.

Looks like your ex is receiving good advice from his lawyer. Good on him, he is right to ask for this info. He is going to demonstrate that you are capable of making MUCH more than you currently earn, including perks, thereby lowering possible spousal support in terms of amount and duration. Trueblue: do you have a lawyer? What on earth is he/she telling you? Get your current financial statement filed already! Stop dragging as its only costing you, both in terms of your legal bills, as well as your ex's which you will likely need to pay.
                          My ex has a very good and extremely aggressive lawyer. I tried the free support calculator but I know it isn't accurate because it is the free version. Of course his lawyer is providing good advice. I heard his lawyer charges 700+ an hour. I don't know why my ex couldn't just resolve this with me amicably instead of putting me in debt.

Comment

My ex has a very good and extremely aggressive lawyer. I tried the free support calculator but I know it isn't accurate because it is the free version. Of course his lawyer is providing good advice. I heard his lawyer charges 700+ an hour. I don't know why my ex couldn't just resolve this with me amicably instead of putting me in debt.
                            He did try,he wants to sell the house and you refuse to either put it up for sale or buy him out. You are putting yourself into debt. Stop blaming your ex for your bad decisions and your actions that are causing this to be dragged out.

Comment

OR you are refusing to accept what you are entitled to and his lawyer is simply doing his job. Your ex has been reasonable for the last four years. YOU are being difficult by refusing to accept what you are entitled to claiming you deserve more. He could have a crappy lawyer, the bottom line is if the law is not on your side then you lose.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X