Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No response

Good day all!

I am self rep. I requested 3 dates for a Settlement Conference with trial coordinators office (other party cc'd in email), received the dates and emailed the other party to ask which date worked for them. It's been a week and no response. How can I get a date booked if they continue to ignore me?

I had a similar situation and did the following. I’m not a lawyer, but it worked for me.

Send a letter. My letter dated mmyydd requires a response. May I have a response?

Then one week later. I have not received a response to my letter dated mmyydd. I sent a request for your response on mmyydd and have still not heard back. X days have passed. My original letter is attached for convenience.

Do this for 3-4 weeks. And if you still don’t get a response, they you can send a without prejudice offer to settle asking them to respond confirming availability for the settlement conference by date x, failing which you will be obligated to bring a motion to seek assistance from the judge and will be seeking costs.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X