Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 hrs notice given only after an email sent by lawyer

Hello All,

I have a sole custody but the case still continues though. I have provided the schedule to the Father to see the child the next 3 saturdays and one of them is tomorrow. I have sent out an email on Tuesday and there was no reply. Today, on Friday, when I told my lawyer that there was no reply, she sent out an email to the Father`s lawyer asking to provide his confirmation by 2 PM otherwise no visitation. That ask was disregarded and the notice was provided only after 8 PM.

But I know that he manipulates the entire thing, so I am kind of scared not to respect his short notice.
    OUr next court hearing is on May 30th with the same Judge.

I will obvisouly will bring this up, as there is a continuation of disrespect from Father which caused me another money spent for a lawyer to get an aswer from him.

I know some have mentioned in here to follow the 48 hrs notice rule. That will be mentioned to the Judge.

My question is, did I do the right thing and went ahead with the plan to give the child to the Father after the seven month of absence or I needed to follow my lawyer`s advise and not to give him the child, as he did not respected the provided deadline?

It looks better on you if you ignored the 6 hour late reply, but in the future you can try " please confirm by x date x time. If confirmation is not received by x date x time, we will take this as an indication that you will not be exercising your parenting time and will be making plans."

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
      It looks better on you if you ignored the 6 hour late reply, but in the future you can try " please confirm by x date x time. If confirmation is not received by x date x time, we will take this as an indication that you will not be exercising your parenting time and will be making plans."

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yes, I still agreed for him to see the child. Said, Ok. No more short notices please. Then sent an email to address the same. I have used an app that shows he read the email. Sadly, he did not show up today, saying, I told him that I cancelled it. But I never did.

Thanks to this forum, as I have a proof to show that he even read my email where I was telling him that am going to accommodate his short notice this time even though my lawyer said, no visitation if no reply by 2 PM.

Comment

Are you using OFW or another coparenting app for communication? If not, I would strongly encourage it to document communications and reduce conflict and false claims like saying you cancelled.

Comment

We supposed to communicate via text or emails. Again, I am doing my part. I just wish he would redirect his energy towards the parenting efforts with child rather working hard on discrediting me.
            Believe or not, he will never stop until I will get arrested after his false accusations. That's why I am changing my lawyer, to put an end to this.

Comment

Push to move communication to OFW, if he doesn't want to pay for the subscription then pay for both yours and his, and move all communication (outside of emergencies) to OFW and away from text and email. It's worth it.

Comment

Lawyers are going to bleed you on this because you sound confrontational. Do OFW or some similar app because it is easier for evidence. Have it state it in the court order communication only by OFW.

If they want to play passive aggressive games with you let them. Save all that stuff up for an affidavit or once in a blue moon lawyer letter.

I would say use OFW but the application has gone downhill, maybe there is an alternative. The company makes regular major changes without notifying the users. They have broken features and removed features and they are not responsive.
                -The latest 2 screwups were for their search, they return the search results in random order, they said they are not fixing that "until a future upgrade"
                -They also took away the notification that says if a message was opened or not.
                -another doozy was when creating a calendar appointment it would create it at the wrong time.

Not people to trust.

Comment

We will ask the judge for this. But I am not confrontational. The father did not show up and accused me of cancelling the visitation time, which I did not. You don't know the whole story and it is not first, second or third time he accuses me of things like this.

Comment

Originally posted by concernedmother View Post
                    We will ask the judge for this. But I am not confrontational. The father did not show up and accused me of cancelling the visitation time, which I did not. You don't know the whole story and it is not first, second or third time he accuses me of things like this.
                    We don't need to know the whole story.
                    If you are not confrontation that is good.
                    If they are confrontational that can be good for you IF you can present the evidence of this. OFW will allow you the ability to do that in a way that is clear to a lawyer or judge.
                    OFW will record when a person logs in, opens a message, replies to a message, other things.
                    Email: "oh, I didn't get your message", it looks like crap when printing out, "oh someone else accessed my email" blah blah blah.

It is $100/year and will save you more than that in the long run.

Comment

I have already registered. 100$ a year not a problem if that will save from the false accusations. As for the prove, I have plenty. I am not worried. Thanks pinkHouses, as usually, you are very helpful.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X