No announcement yet.

It is now males who suffer the vast majority of institutional discrimination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is now males who suffer the vast majority of institutional discrimination

I don't believe that males have ever been privileged in the way feminists claim. But we are now at the point where the deck is stacked against males at every stage of their lives and in almost every major institution.

When a male is born he can have his genitals mutilated. Hundreds of baby boys die from this procedure every year.

Then comes primary school, where boys are often punished and even drugged for displaying natural boyish behaviour. Recent studies have also revealed that female teachers mark down boys by an average of 20 percent for the same work.

Huge numbers of boys are now being raised without fathers (including about 99 percent of school shooters, funny how we never talk about that), and since pedo hysteria has chased male teachers out of primary school, boys often don't have any male role models until much later in life.

Boys only clubs such as the Boy Scouts are being eliminated while girl only clubs remain.

Teenage boys are being introduced to blatantly misandrist concepts like "toxic masculinity," with nary a word about toxic femininity and nothing about the positive aspects of masculinity.

Next it's off to University, where there are a range of female-specific scholarships and programs even though women make up the majority of college students and young women are now out-earning young men. They are also portrayed as rapists in waiting, and there are entire departments (gender studies) devoted to demonising their sex. If a young man pisses off a young woman (eg dumps her after a one night stand) he faces the possibility of being subjected to a false accusation and a feminist Kangaroo court. Then it's bye bye academic career and social reputation.

If he wants to vote he will have to sign over his body to the state (selective service). After that, conscription is mandatory if the State wants it. In some countries, all males but no females are required to undergo a compulsory period of military service after the reach adulthood.

If he gets a woman pregnant he will not have the option of legal parental surrender. While a woman can just drop off the baby at a safe haven, the man is on the hook for 18 years of child support and will be locked up if he loses his job and can't pay.

In the workplace things are just as bad. Men perform almost all of the dirty and dangerous jobs and make up 95 percent of workplace injuries and deaths. If a white man wants to pursue a more respected career he faces racial and sexual discrimination in hiring due to corporate "diversity" measures and quotas. A recent study in ... I think it was Australia found that "blind hiring" practices (where the employer doesn't know the race or sex of the applicant) result in more straight white males being hired; this means that it is straight white men who are now suffering discrimination in the workplace.

With MeToo, a man can be fired from his job simply for making a woman uncomfortable. There have even been cases of men being fired for telling a naughty joke.

If he gets married and the wife divorces him through no fault of his own he will likely be treated like shit by the family courts unless he can afford a high priced lawyer. There are countless stories of men effectively being turned into indentured servants by their ex-wives; they live in poverty and seldom see their kids while the wife gets a new "baby daddy" and lives high on the hog. NOW, the largest feminist organization in the world, continues to oppose shared parenting even though every single study shows it to be in the best interests of the children, the father and even the mother.

He will receive less social support, less health care spending, and be relentlessly demonised in the media.

If a male is sexually assaulted by a woman he will probably not receive justice; the perpetrator will likely get a slap on the wrist even if the victim is a boy.

If he commits a crime or is falsely accused of a crime he will be treated much, much more harshly by the criminal justice system.

I could go on.

It is a myth that feminists think the sexes are equal. Their method of operation goes like this: if men are ahead in some area, that means women are being oppressed because the sexes are identical except for genitalia; however, if women are ahead in some area that's because women are superior. You can find this sentiment going back to the first wave. Elizabeth Cady Stanton claimed that women are "infinitely superior" to men.

The prison thing is perhaps the most glaring example of feminists not practising what they preach. If they were serious about equality they would be demanding either that men be treated with more compassion/leniency or that women be treated more harshly (or some combination of the two). Instead, they want women to be treated even more leniently, and some are even advocating for the complete abolition of female prisons.

Men are increasingly second class citizens not only in a social but legal sense. A study in the UK determined that if women were treated like men by the criminal justice system, fully half of all prisoners would be female. Women do NOT commit less crimes than men (though they do commit less homicides), they just don't get punished to anywhere near the same extent.

If feminism were an "equality" movement they would not be trying to privilege females in every single institution. They would be looking with a keen eye at areas in which males are disadvantaged and/or subject to institutional discrimination. They certainly wouldn't blame everything on some nebulous all-encompassing "patriarchy" that hasn't even been proven to exist.

Detailed references, papers and citations for all of this can be found in
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mensrightslinks/.

Would you please stop creating new threads for you exact same discussion points. And maybe get a therapist to help you through things until your criminal case is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Would you please stop creating new threads for you exact same discussion points. And maybe get a therapist to help you through things until your criminal case is done.

I enjoy reading the valid points the writer is making. Quite insulting to throw someone a “go get a therapist” comment just because you refuse to think men are abused.

I’ve scars on the back of my head from my ex-wife‘s abuse. I think it’s you who need to seek out guidance of a therapist and let those that use this form as a means of venting...to vent. The forum discussion is after all “political discussion”.... and not “you are crazy go seek help.... women are angels how dare you suggest anything other than that.

Hmmm however... as I said... you may be the one who needs to seek help. Female throwing insults online does line up with abuse. In my opinion as a online caring individual... I suggest that you seek help to become a more gentle and caring individual and leave those that have been broken space to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie76 View Post
        I enjoy reading the valid points the writer is making. Quite insulting to throw someone a “go get a therapist” comment just because you refuse to think men are abused.

I[emoji769]ve scars on the back of my head from my ex-wife‘s abuse. I think it[emoji769]s you who need to seek out guidance of a therapist and let those that use this form as a means of venting...to vent. The forum discussion is after all “political discussion”.... and not “you are crazy go seek help.... women are angels how dare you suggest anything other than that.

Hmmm however... as I said... you may be the one who needs to seek help. Female throwing insults online does line up with abuse. In my opinion as a online caring individual... I suggest that you seek help to become a more gentle and caring individual and leave those that have been broken space to heal.

This poster has started multiple threads on the same topic. After he was advised to focus on his criminal charges before pushing for decisions in family court. He can keep his ongoing points in the same thread he started first since they are all on topic.

As for recommending therapy...based on his continued anger and frustration it would be a benefit to him. My husband endured 20 years of emotional abuse and I recommended therapy to him too. He went and it helped him overcome the PTSD he had developed from a traumatic injury and the ensuing divorce. I dont take anyones abuse lightly. I point it out to this poster because of his ongoing focus on something he is currently in court for. When his criminal case is over and he is vindicated then he can post away about false allegations and the harm that came to him.

Comment

Just a matter of time before Warren Farrell, Herb Goldberg, Richard Doyle, and Asa Baber nonsense gets posted.

Comment

ooff. this is sounding so much like a "proud boys" moment.

I disagree 100% with the OP. I don't think men are discriminated against. I'm not going to go into detail- but I think most of what you've posted is gross.

HOWEVER- I do think that we have been failing boys and men in one major way- we (society) have not really held space or allowed the role of men to change. Women's role in western society has change vastly in the last century. We are the breadwinners, the income earners, we represent more than 50% of first year law students in Canada (marginally). As a woman- society doesn't blink now that I'm single and have a kid, occupy the middle class, all on my own. Women are encouraged in many ways to occupy our new roles as more than just being a wife and mother.

I don't see the same thing for men. What are men's roles in modern marriage and the new household? If you're not the breadwinner, or primary caregiver- what are you? We're not really supporting men in adjusting to the new role...so I think it was inevitable that we would see this backlash- and want to return to the "glory days" of gender roles in relationships. "Bring back family values! Don't apologize for being a Man's Man!"....if we are going to get rid of toxic masculinity- then what do we teach boys now?

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
              ... want to return to the "glory days" of gender roles in relationships.
              As a man, I don't know of a single man, nor have I read anything credible about men wanting to return to the "glory days," whatever that was.

The backlash as I see it is that it seems to be open season on men in our popular and news media. Just like any other group out there, some men are wondering why everyone is picking on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
                As a man, I don't know of a single man, nor have I read anything credible about men wanting to return to the "glory days," whatever that was.

The backlash as I see it is that it seems to be open season on men in our popular and news media. Just like any other group out there, some men are wondering why everyone is picking on them.

Um, I see a lot of picking on women. That we should get back in the kitchen. We should remember our place. That women dont belong in roles of authority. That we need to shut up. Etc. Thanks to the Cheeto in Chief, women are disregarded and disrespected even more than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                  ooff. this is sounding so much like a "proud boys" moment.
                  This is more in the Incel line of argument than "proud boys" in my humble opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X