Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM

StillPaying is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
My story has never changed.
Ignore the rants. The daily hypocrisy should be views simply as entertainment. This user is the forum's Dunning-Kruger; just smile and nod.
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
All of that is considered marital debt and expenses. You can�t argue you deserve extra money because you put him through school. The court doesnt look at it that way. Plus you waited four years and made a poor financial decision starting another business during that time. You need to look at date of marriage and date of separation. You can make an offer but if he says no, you are not guaranteed to get it in court and run the risk of costs.

Again, you end up wasting money on the fight which puts you in the position you don�t want to be in as loser mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of my problems is that my ex is trying to claim repaid debt is still outstanding to minimize the equalization payment. He's also trying to claim that all legal fees I spent in court for the sale of my business should be used only against me because it was an event that occurred prior to marriage that triggered it. I know nobody is very sympathetic to my cause but he's plain and simple trying to screw me. And I am trying to come out of this with the least financial impact possible.
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkc View Post
to OP

just listen to rockscan and Iona. Yes they may sound harsh and their words are bursting more bubbles than kids blowing them but it is a lot cheaper. The only thing worth fighting for are your kids wellbeing.
The relationship is long and over. Make an offer and make the best out of your life.
I am fighting for my children's wellbeing. I want them to live the nice lifestyle, have the same activities, and take them on vacation just as often as my ex husband does.

I've done the calculations. If my ex manages to get the legal fees incurred due to my fight with my ex business partner and manages to convince the judge the repaid debt is outstanding I would be close to -500k after equalization. It is worst than I thought. If he offered me 750k to 1 million I would take the offer and there would be no more fighting but he won't because he's greedy.
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
he won't because he's greedy.
You are equally if not more greedy.

Youre also not fighting for your childrens well being. You are fighting for your own. Your ex is capable of keeping them in activities and taking them on vacations. YOU want to be the better looking parent by doing that yourself. This isnt about your kids its about you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My story has never changed. I just didn't give all the details I didn't think were relevant while asking for advice on the forum.

When my ex husband and I first met I was running 2 very successful businesses and he was finishing his CPA program so I supported him financially and paid off some of his debt. Later on I ended up selling my portion of the business to my business partner after 1.5 years into the relationship with my ex. The money for the sale of the business was supposed to be given to me later on so we lived and spent on this expectation. Unfortunately my business partner screwed me and didn't pay me out and my ex husband had to borrow from family and friends to pay down living expenses (which he repaid but is claiming he didn't).
this is always a bad idea. Unless you had the money in hand you should of lived on what you made, not what may happen.

Can you prove that the money was repaid? It cannot just be your word that it was paid back, you need proof.
Old Today, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
this is always a bad idea. Unless you had the money in hand you should of lived on what you made, not what may happen.

Can you prove that the money was repaid? It cannot just be your word that it was paid back, you need proof.
I didn't think my ex partner was going to fraud me. I was getting paid in instalments and I received the first instalment on time. I had no reason to think the rest of the money was not coming.

I can prove my ex did give money back to his family members but they were continuously loaning him money throughout the marriage which he paid back here and there so it's hard to account what payment was for which loan.