Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:16 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Then your offer is pretty solid.

TMC is basically outlining your argument, who you may call as witnesses, what you are seeking and anything else needed to trial.

Do you have a lawyer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2021, 10:09 AM

goblue is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I have a lawyer.

Are affidavits useful prior to a TMC? I thought I read somewhere they aren't worth much because the person can't be cross examined. I just want to show that I have support where I am.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:14 AM

Depending on how your trial is, you may be able to use affidavits. If you want witness testimony though you should have them actually testify. Especially if they are an expert. Plus the other side has the ability to cross examine the witness.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:46 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue View Post
Just had the one case conference so far, he said she doesn't meet the threshold for mobility and it's not even close. That she won't win.
This is good, but you may still have a long road ahead and/or many expenses to pay if you are represented.

If your ex drags feet to stall, you may need to bring motion forward to get decision in place until trial. Lots of losing litigants try to stall their losing cases as long as possible and then settle on the eve of trial, provided you don't look to seek costs involved in getting to that point.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
This is good, but you may still have a long road ahead and/or many expenses to pay if you are represented.

If your ex drags feet to stall, you may need to bring motion forward to get decision in place until trial. Lots of losing litigants try to stall their losing cases as long as possible and then settle on the eve of trial, provided you don't look to seek costs involved in getting to that point.

He is headed to trial this year. TMC is in May I believe he said earlier.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:21 AM

goblue is on a distinguished road

TMC in May, Trial in early June (3 days set for this). Everyone involved knows we're working with a September deadline because of school. I obviously want this resolved, but if it gets delayed, I have to think they wouldn't grant temporary permission to move my daughter. So go ahead and delay forever lol. Just kidding, sorta.