Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 01:29 PM

gvjt is on a distinguished road
Default Editing a Post

Okay, here's a post that doesn't belong anywhere except in this category for posts that *quote* "don't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting." Through carelessness I often make
a mistake in a post, but then notice and fix it later. That worked for a while, but all of a sudden, I can't edit my posts anymore, so, for example, the one I posted recently that was titled "Factors Effecting Support" can not be fixed to read "Affecting" like it should be. Has anyone else noticed that the eidt feature seems to have been disabled? Can we have it back? 'just wondering...
-gt-
Old 10-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

There were some issues with people editing posts. They’d ask a question, get some answers, and then delete the original question. This made the answers look a bit silly as you couldn’t really tell what people had responded too.

I’m open to input on other ways to handle this, but for now I’ve disabled the option of editing posts. Anyone who’s a moderator can edit a post, so you can send a private message to a moderator if an edit needs to be done. I know that’s a bit tedious, so I’ll see if I can set up a system where if you’ve made a certain number of posts you can automatically edit your own posts.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Jeff,

What if you allow Senior Member's to be able to edit posts. Not delete them just be able to fix typo's so the post make sense, especially when we are posting late at night . In my case it would save Lindsay time when I ask her to fix my typos. I know I need spell check, but it doesn't always work.

Thanks,
Grace
Old 01-12-2006, 01:45 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Jeff,

Grace asked me awhile back to fix a typo for her. I wasn't to sure how to do it.

I figured out how to fix my own typos etc but wasn't able to fix hers.

How does one edit someone else's post?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Jeff,

What if you allow Senior Member's to be able to edit posts. Not delete them just be able to fix typo's so the post make sense, especially when we are posting late at night . In my case it would save Lindsay time when I ask her to fix my typos. I know I need spell check, but it doesn't always work.

Thanks,
Grace
Yes, that makes sense...I'm looking into how to do that.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalvelocity
Jeff,

Grace asked me awhile back to fix a typo for her. I wasn't to sure how to do it.

I figured out how to fix my own typos etc but wasn't able to fix hers.

How does one edit someone else's post?
Logicalvelocity, as a moderator, you can edit anyone's posts. There should be an "edit" button in the bottom right-hand corner of every post, which you can just click to go to editing mode.

You can do other things as well. When you're logged in, there should be a little box in the top right-hand corner of all the posts. If you click that box, the post should light up. Then, towards the bottom of the screen on the right-hand side there's a drop down menu of options with things that you can do (move the post, etc.)

I hope that clarifies things. Let me know. It's a bit difficult to explain without diagrams.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Administrator

I think I've set things up so that anyone with 100 or more posts can edit their posts. Let me know if this is working or if there are problems.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:20 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Thanks so much.
Grace
Old 01-13-2006, 11:22 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Jeff,

I see the edit button on my own post's but no one else's.

I have used the edit button to fix some of my typos, works great
Old 01-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Administrator

logicalvelocity - I'm having this looked into.