This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sufferer View Post
    I think any educated woman will not do it or may be there percentage is very low just as that of deadbeats
    Well check this out then:

TheStar.com | News | Mom loses custody for alienating dad

Comment

I did check the link.So again she is one of those few only.And it clearly shows that canadian system is not gender biased.

Comment

I have an idea

Okay let us solve this once for all I am going to start a new post with the title please sign your name if you are a father and denied access to your children for no reason at all. and then I am going to start a post with the title if you are a women and are denied access to your children please add your name. Then we will see how many men vs women are actually dealing with this problem and then there will be nothing you can say anymore about it not being a reality (denied access that is)

Comment

your right it happens all the time....I basically lived in the Superior Court rooms for the last 3 years until we got custody of my boyfriend's son. The things you see in the courts would make anyone cry. It is not only men who manipulate the system but woman are masters at it. I have seen men loose it all from their home that has been in their family for generations, their businesses, and rights to their children. The best advise I can give a father looking to get access adjusted is do not play into your ex's games and add to the conflict, document document document everything from write everything down time to date to detail of conversations and so forth. Tape record conversation where ever possible, believe it or it is admissible in family court.

Comment

I just want to add that I do not think all woman are bad my point is that men and woman are equally manipulating the system and the ones lost in all the fighting are the children.

Comment

Originally posted by jojoy View Post
              You dont need a laywer to gather up your paper trail to prove your ex is lier. And it dosent matter how nice, typed-up and lawyeried it looks...it still lies and the judge will see through it. So, if you are a dead beat get a lawyer, if your just someone doing his best [His honest best] dont waste your hard earned cash to a lawyer.

'you dont need a lawyer unless you are guilty, someone else is paying for 'it' {the lawyer] or you have been brain washed into beliveing you have to have one.
              Jojoy, I am totally encouraged by your words! Thanks.

Comment

Family Law Quick Sand

I recently fired who I thought was a good lawyer.. I spent a year and interviewed four.. selected one and started writing cheques.. Thank God at $ 7500.00 I came to my sense.. Ask any divorce lawyer how much to end this.. 10 K 20 K 200 K... they will not give you an answer because they will stretch it to the max and if they can engage you to fight and you have some money.. you're done...

I fired mine and have been doing it myself and I document everything, video, email, you name it.. and I've had to learn to work the system and don't fear it.. if you're honesty and not voluntarily open the judge should see it..

Unfortunately I can see why and how the system can turn a good man into a labelled deadbeat..

Stay informed of your personal rights and don't beleive a word any lawyer says to you. Investigate it yourself...

I had a friend that sent his ex lawyer running for the hills.. a call to the Law Society of Canada and .. BAM !!

Comment

My husband's ex coersed & brainwashed his 2 children from seeing him as well. He hasn't seen his daughter in 4 years nor his son in 3 years, yet he must still pay support. The law is so unfair and one sided it's not funny...rather disgusting. I plan to challenge many equal rights issues regarding child support

Comment

Yes, there are many bad, ill-knowledged lawyers out there. We've just finished settling a case that took almost 3 years to settle, however, had the lawyer had any brain, he would have advised us to attend a court date hearing, which would have ended this 2 1/2 years ago. The next lawyer missed the appeal period, because as she stated, 'you can't appeal a final child support order', she wasted more time & money. Finally a third lawyer was brought into settle this out of court, more money. Now we had a 4th lawyer to terminate support for the eldest child who is no longer attending post secondary full time. We also filed 2 complaints with the Upper Law Society of Canada against the first 2 lawyers, only to have the Law Society give them a slap on the hand. Lawyers protecting Lawyers...it's a sick system

Comment

• My husbands children have lost for sure, because they sided with Mom & forfeited a great relationship they used to have with their Dad

Comment

• My ex has been working over time to alienate my three children from me and I'm going to have to stop the child support to pull her back in line and when she goes to the expense of bring me to court I will have a ton of evidence of parent alienation.. then I want to see what the court says..

If the court sides with her.. I'm done.. have the ability to financial disappear.. untouchable.. i will continue to deposit money into my Children's education funds.. and that's it..

I'm done with family law.. I'm not going to scream and throw a tantrum because know body is listening..

In no other transaction of cash is the other party not accountable for results... Why not have the recipient produce monthly accounting..??

if a unified group... large enough to make an impact simply stopped and made a public National outcry and jammed the courts with BS cases.. watch what would happen..

Who has the guts to do it... I do.. !! I'm fed up

Comment

• Originally posted by Greatdad View Post
                          My ex has been working over time to alienate my three children from me and I'm going to have to stop the child support to pull her back in line and when she goes to the expense of bring me to court I will have a ton of evidence of parent alienation.. then I want to see what the court says..

If the court sides with her.. I'm done.. have the ability to financial disappear.. untouchable.. i will continue to deposit money into my Children's education funds.. and that's it..

I'm done with family law.. I'm not going to scream and throw a tantrum because know body is listening..

In no other transaction of cash is the other party not accountable for results... Why not have the recipient produce monthly accounting..??

if a unified group... large enough to make an impact simply stopped and made a public National outcry and jammed the courts with BS cases.. watch what would happen..

Who has the guts to do it... I do.. !! I'm fed up
                          Hang in there. The issues of access and payable child support is separate. A good friend of mine once recommended that the best way to get even in a circumstance like yours is to shame them. Document the denials of access. Confine reasoanble requests for the childs access to letter. Pay the court ordered support and bring forth contempt order or application to support the childrens access to you. The court wont be too happy for denials of the childs access if the other parent has no justified excuse such as you present substantial harm to the child/children during access times.

Denials of a child's access without sufficient justification such as abuse or neglect is a form of child abuse -- See Temblay v. Tremblay 1987 CarswellAtla 1983, 54 Alta. L.R. (2d)283,10 R.F.L. (3d) 166, [1987] 6 W.W.R. 742, 82 A.R. 24 At parargraph 9, Trussler J of the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench held

9. I start with the premise that a parent has the right to see his or her children and is only to be deprived of that right if he or she abused or neglected the children. Likewise, and more important, a child has a right to the love, care and guidance of a parent. To be denied that right by the other parent without sufficient justification, such as abuse or neglect, is, in itself, a form of child abuse.
                          lv
                          Last edited by logicalvelocity; 04-16-2009, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Mothers and Fathers Equal???

I read these post with interest and amazment. The Courts in Ontario do not even begin to understand the meaning of equal.

I pay support. I have asked for and been given access to my children. My exwife has denied access. I have taken her to Court, even using a Contempt Motion. The judges practically laugh at my Motion and say it is a "human issue" - that I am just mad at her, not a "legal " issue.

How can ignoring a Court Order for access not be a legal issue?

I was out of work when SHE filed for divorce. She knew when she filed that I would return to school and not likely ever make as much as I had in the pst.

She was able to convince a judge that he should assess an income to base my support on. Nine years later, there has NEVER been a year when I approached his assessed income. EQUAL???

My children and I are now completely alienated by her, and the Court will do NOTHING.

You may notice when I use judge it is never with a capital j. They are idiots, that have NO idea what they do to families, and by that I mean fathers and children!

Why should they- they get their 250,000+ every year, go home at 5 after they have rushed the families through Court, and never have to think about them again.

Upset, you bet! No other profession would accept that level of incompetence - but who can question the almighty judge?

Comment

• Lets not forget the primary person at fault - your ex. They are the one that is accepting you pay support based on an income you don't make and are denying access of their own children to their parent. Disgusting.

Comment

• Hi Billm... I get it as do you.. and I bet hundreds of thousands of dads stiffed by the system... we are treated like second class citizens from the get go... and we can do no good except when it comes to writing a cheque.. and this is really wrong.. the system is failing miserably and who does anything..?? Here we are in this form and we are in solitaire...

Have we as fathers mobilized and I mean really mobilized to challenge the system ? What does 50 or 100,000 of us dads look like.. what do our stories say to families that are not going through what we are ??

It's a game.. all of this is an industry and raw materials to fabricate the frustration and anger and resentment is our children...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X