No announcement yet.

School Called - Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually she claims it violates her privacy and because it was done without her consent. Consent has been a hot topic for mom over the last little while, she believes that we need to ask her permission for most everything. We don't.

I suspect that because we live in a small community that there are things in the Separation Agreement that she is not comfortable with others knowing. I have heard, although I can't say for certain it is true, but I'm willing to bet it is, that mom has told others that we make things difficult for her in many ways. I suppose that is true if we are challenging her even if it is within our rights to do so in accordance with the law. However, if she is making it out that she is not being compensated fairly, etc. then the agreement contradicts our obligations to her.

Of course, the last time I was criticized personally for making things financially difficult for mom I just pointed out to the person: she hasn't worked in 12 years. She drives a brand new vehicle. She lives in a 400: brand new home bought after the divorce. And she has a cottage. How hard are we making it for her? lol

Oh ya, and there are some other personal information on her, like she was married before and I know this is a skeleton in her closet. Again, not my problem.

So she is on the phone with her lawyer today pissing more money in the wind. Have at it. We fear not!

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
      The funny thing was in October I got a newsletter from the school and one of the paragraphs was about custody and access agreements and it stated that they should have a copy of all separation...
      Haha. FB_, do you think that was a direct result of your ex causing issues with the school, or coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
        Haha. FB_, do you think that was a direct result of your ex causing issues with the school, or coincidence?
        LOL I have no idea... I had it highlighted and was going to give it to her...but I wisely decided against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
          Actually she claims it violates her privacy and because it was done without her consent. Consent has been a hot topic for mom over the last little while, she believes that we need to ask her permission for most everything. We don't.

I suspect that because we live in a small community that there are things in the Separation Agreement that she is not comfortable with others knowing. I have heard, although I can't say for certain it is true, but I'm willing to bet it is, that mom has told others that we make things difficult for her in many ways. I suppose that is true if we are challenging her even if it is within our rights to do so in accordance with the law. However, if she is making it out that she is not being compensated fairly, etc. then the agreement contradicts our obligations to her.

Of course, the last time I was criticized personally for making things financially difficult for mom I just pointed out to the person: she hasn't worked in 12 years. She drives a brand new vehicle. She lives in a 400: brand new home bought after the divorce. And she has a cottage. How hard are we making it for her? lol

Oh ya, and there are some other personal information on her, like she was married before and I know this is a skeleton in her closet. Again, not my problem.

So she is on the phone with her lawyer today pissing more money in the wind. Have at it. We fear not!
          You could always remind her that all court papers are public domain and anyone can access it.

Comment

I have heard this many times over. How are they public domain? And where does one access it?

In truth, I don't care to discuss this or anything else with her. This is an unnecessary conversation so we stay clear of it. I choose not to engage with her. If I wanted to argue with her I could do this most any day. We instead put her on ignore most of the time. As the majority of her communications are irrelevant, disrespectful and just her diatribe of nonsense and self righteous opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
              I have heard this many times over. How are they public domain? And where does one access it?

In truth, I don't care to discuss this or anything else with her. This is an unnecessary conversation so we stay clear of it. I choose not to engage with her. If I wanted to argue with her I could do this most any day. We instead put her on ignore most of the time. As the majority of her communications are irrelevant, disrespectful and just her diatribe of nonsense and self righteous opinions.
              Public record at the court house... Some is posted online such as Canlii.

Comment

If I wanted to argue with her I could do this most any day.
                Errrr...NO you couldn't actually, and that will only look bad on your part considering she wasn't married to you.

We instead put her on ignore most of the time.
                That is only good if you follow through with it. Some people will say this, and it turns out to be BS (especially when they feel the need to let the whole world know), which just confirms the BS part.....(not saying tis the case with you)

How are they public domain?
                Very public as in everyone on here / in the small town / worldwide will be able to read it

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X