Ex threaten to call Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex threaten to call Police

So it's Sunday and I've had the girls for the weekend. I sent the ex a pleasant text saying the girls will be ready for her at my place for 8:30 and she is saying if they are not at the Tim Hortons she will call the police.

Should I give in to her demands or stick to my guns?? She transports her youngest for baby daddy #3 why is it that I have to be the taxi.

One does it 1 way the other, the other way. No??

What's in your agreement?

Comment

Is there a criminal offense "not taking the kid to tim hortons for exchange"??

Comment

I wouldn't want my ex anywhere near my home. I would need to fumigate and take a dozen showers. Tim Horton's all the way!

Comment

Hahah. Thanks guys. I'll stick to my guns in a positive and pleasant manner since there is nothing in our temp order stating otherwise.

@Mess - lmao!!!

Comment

She said she couldn't do half-and-half with me because she has a baby at home (not my child). I agreed to try and keep things ciil. Once she moved, Pick ups and drop offs were changed to a Tim Hortons near her old place, i was fine with that.
            ^^ you said this less than a week ago.
            What's changed that makes you think meeting at Tim Horton's isn't ok now? And exactly how do you think your actions this evening are going to help the civility between your two households moving forward?

I mean, really -- you just thought this change up and decided to send a text, 2 hours before pickup?
            Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

No. If u read the rest of that post you would see that she changed it and I am now required to pick up the children from her place.

She is no longer willing to meet me at the Tim Hortons to pick up the children. But expects me to drop them back off there.

Comment

Dood. I face the same. The EASIER path is just to do it when you can.

Sometimes, it`s impossible - so you fall back to the àgreement`.

Play along to get along can be a very good strategy.

edit:

And you keep a record of each and every time you acquiesce from the agreement. You use it (come court - if needed) to show how compromising you have been. "Anything for the child(s), Your Honour." That's your attitude. No bitching and complaining that you made the sacrifice. It is what it is.
                Last edited by wretchedotis; 09-08-2013, 06:30 PM. Reason: edit:

Comment

How about a simple super-chipper "Oh, since I had to pick them up at your place, I thought we were done with the Tim Horton's arrangement. I will return to bringing them there, and expect that to be the pickup place for me as well again. Thanks!"

On the other hand, if there's no written arrangement for the Timmies, then what does she expect the police to do? She calls them, they call you, you say "Yes, officer, I've had them here ready for her to pick them up for an hour now, but she hasn't arrived."

How much do you want to escalate conflict? How fragile are your arrangements? How many of these arguments about location do you have in writing to use in court later to demonstrate she is being unreasonable?

Comment

Well we are currently in court. I meet with my lawyer on Wednesday. My lawyer said absolutely this is reasonable. The X is so controlling and spiteful and even tho the cops won't do anything what if she doesn't come to get them, I'll keep them overnight and take them to school and daycare. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it and I know I'll face a shit storm but I have to stick up for myself somewhere.

I am always very pleasant and chipper. I sent the 1 nice text and she sent back like 10. I didn't respond to any.

Comment

She just needs to understand that I am not her bitch and she needs to do her part. It's 50/50. It's a power thing with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Summer13 View Post
                        It's a power thing for me
                        Fixed that for ya.
                        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Dude what are you trying to do?? This is a help forum. She's single if your looking!!

And to those who did help me. Thank you very much. I truly appreciate all your assistance.

She didn't come get the girls.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                            Fixed that for ya.
                            lol glad I wasnt the only one who thought that.

Comment

Lol. Typo guys. Obviously.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X