No announcement yet.

22-Months Common Law & Spousal Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another BIG suggestion is to take some parenting classes. She will likely suggest that you don't have the skills to parent, thus that is why she is limiting your time. It is a BS argument, but you can really take the shine off of it by taking a parenting class and a child CPR class.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
      Another BIG suggestion is to take some parenting classes. She will likely suggest that you don't have the skills to parent, thus that is why she is limiting your time. It is a BS argument, but you can really take the shine off of it by taking a parenting class and a child CPR class.
      This is true. I was accused of the same thing. Never took child CPR, but did contact my local "early years center" and inquired about parenting classes.
      I then spent 5-7 hours over 2 weeks in the evening and got 3 parenting class certificates of participation.
      The parenting skills allegations stopped once I informed them I what I had done, and suggested
      "Perhaps it would benefit the respondent mother to inquire about taking these same classes that I have already completed, I personally found them very informative that the parenting I was doing with our child was inline with the age, development and maturity of our children. It was reassuring that a lot of what I was doing with our children was correct."

Always focus on your story.
      1. Equal shared parenting is what is in the best interests of the child.
      2. Joint custody is what is in the best interests of the child.
      3. We are both good parents.
      4. I was fully involved before the separation
      5. I want to be fully involved now and in the future
      6. I want to work with other parent to raise child into productive member of society.
      7. everything you do and say, not only to the other parent but everyone else focuses around this rules.
      8. This means don't put down the other parent even to your friends.
      Last edited by involveddad75; 01-02-2014, 11:21 AM. Reason: Adding more information

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        My comment was tongue in cheek however it has some truth to it. Tayken is leaving out family benefits that come from the government. In Quebec, that amounts to about 1000$/month for 2 children. So lets make that calculation + 1000$ (different for Ontario?)
        + You pay special expenses (i.e: doesn't come out of her pocket)
        + Who says she has to live in the "expensive" part of the province. She can live far away from the city centers since she doesn't need to have a real job.
        Honestly, Links17 you are really a bitter and angry person and you are not benefiting anyone by contributing such nonsense to this forum.

Firstly, an additional $1000 in baby bonus will not bring riches upon the parent who chooses not to work.

You are still talking about living in poverty.

Immigration-Québec - Average rent for a two-bedroom apartment

Average rental cost in Quebec for a 2 bedroom in 2009 was 629 in Quebec. To be fair that was 5 years ago. Lets just take a basic inflation rate of 2% per year to get to what it is today.

How about a proper budget then?

Rent 695
        TV & Internet 110
        Phone 35
        Power 120
        Heat 120
        Car 230
        Insurance 220
        Gas 100
        Incidentals 150
        Food 250

Which leaves the person a whopping 470 a month to travel the world if we add your 1000 a month to the 1500 a month in CS.

I am not even going to bother with the rest of your nonsense as it is clear Links17 you are having significant fall out issues with your recent court ordeal in Quebec. Might I recommend you spend time focusing on your "appeal" rather than spouting nonsense on this forum. As well you should really focus on how you present an argument as well and look to improve on that skill. You will need to develop it if you want your appeal to be even considered. If you write affidavits like you write responses on this forum... You won't make it past the first stage of an appeal and will be paying significant costs.

Good Luck!
        Tayken

Comment

My ex could not live on child support alone, even with government benefits in Ontario. But it was pretty close.

Using her own (reasonable) budget, she would be about $8000 short per year.

Still, working a few hours a week at minimum wage would be enough to maintain her current lifestyle. It was pretty spartan though.

Certainly no gucci bags and world traveller lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
            My ex could not live on child support alone, even with government benefits in Ontario. But it was pretty close.

Using her own (reasonable) budget, she would be about $8000 short per year.

Still, working a few hours a week at minimum wage would be enough to maintain her current lifestyle. It was pretty spartan though.

Certainly no gucci bags and world traveller lifestyle.
            This is what lawyers call a "case on point" by the way Links17.

Comment

Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
              "Perhaps it would benefit the respondent mother to inquire about taking these same classes that I have already completed, I personally found them very informative that the parenting I was doing with our child was inline with the age, development and maturity of our children. It was reassuring that a lot of what I was doing with our children was correct."
              That by the way is a BAM.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Walmart, but Willie is something else!

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Walmart
                  Personally don't have any "beef" against the place and for some families, it's their only only place to shop really.

As and aside, they do have DURACELL batteries (pack of all sizes) on sale now for $6.47

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                    Honestly, Links17 you are really a bitter and angry person and you are not benefiting anyone by contributing such nonsense to this forum.

Firstly, an additional $1000 in baby bonus will not bring riches upon the parent who chooses not to work.

You are still talking about living in poverty.

Immigration-Québec - Average rent for a two-bedroom apartment

Average rental cost in Quebec for a 2 bedroom in 2009 was 629 in Quebec. To be fair that was 5 years ago. Lets just take a basic inflation rate of 2% per year to get to what it is today.

How about a proper budget then?

Rent 695
                    TV & Internet 110
                    Phone 35
                    Power 120
                    Heat 120
                    Car 230
                    Insurance 220
                    Gas 100
                    Incidentals 150
                    Food 250

Which leaves the person a whopping 470 a month to travel the world if we add your 1000 a month to the 1500 a month in CS.

I am not even going to bother with the rest of your nonsense as it is clear Links17 you are having significant fall out issues with your recent court ordeal in Quebec. Might I recommend you spend time focusing on your "appeal" rather than spouting nonsense on this forum. As well you should really focus on how you present an argument as well and look to improve on that skill. You will need to develop it if you want your appeal to be even considered. If you write affidavits like you write responses on this forum... You won't make it past the first stage of an appeal and will be paying significant costs.

Good Luck!
                    Tayken
                    My personal court issues really have nothing to do with my perspective that being a child support recipient entitles you to work minimally and receive a relatively large income.

For reference a salary of 2500 NET INCOME/month is the equivalent of 39k GROSS salary of an employed person based on:
                    Tax Take Home Pay Calculator for 2013.xls
                    Which means it is the equivalent of a 20$/hr job.

Not too SHABBY for STAYING HOME I would say. Sure its not la vida loca but wal-mart employees can just impregnated by somebody with some good revenue and they've got a cash cow.

Considering that recipient income in Ontario never gets factored in, imputing income is irrelevant. What an incentive to have sole custody.

They system is so broken....

Comment

Also what are welfare payments like these days and extra 600 - 1000$/month?

Comment

Sure its not la vida loca but wal-mart employees can just impregnated by somebody with some good revenue and they've got a cash cow.
                        Does that include the male employees as well?

This is not specific to Wal-Mart employees is it? The same applies to administrative staff in all different kind of offices, factory workers, those in the hospitality, food and manufacturing business.... looking to bag that person they know earns a lot

Some guys don't mind the attention from the wal-mart employee/ Starbucks baristas because of their low self esteem, and are prepared to stick their wand in anything / crazy.

Unfortunately...there are a lot of people out there, looking for just that, the cash cow. An interesting article called ...You Owe Me, tries to explain what we are dealing with

Australia has beef with the Handout mentality too, and is taking steps to eradicate this

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                          Also what are welfare payments like these days and extra 600 - 1000$/month?
                          Links, my understanding here in Ontario is that if a person and their children are on welfare, then they can't be collecting CS or SS, instead those payments should be going to Welfare.

I believe they call it double dipping. And I believe it is against the law.
                          Anyone who is paying CS or SS should be informing there local welfare offices and inquiring for direction.
                          I have heard (no tayken don't have the caselaw) where a payor continued to pay for sometime after he found out that his ex was on welfare and the government went after him and considered his payments as gifts to ex, and that he was behind because he knew that she was collecting welfare.
                          Again don't have caselaw I think I read it in an article.

Comment

Welfare equals (=) Ontario Works

Anyone who is paying CS or SS should be informing there local welfare offices and inquiring for direction.
                            Where a person who is getting child or spousal support is also getting social assistance (sometimes called welfare), the child or spousal support is paid or “assigned” to the agency that is providing social assistance and the agency is called the assignee
                            https://formsassistant.ontariocourtf...556&param4=270

Comment

Thanks FWB

Comment

The cynic in me says go figure, the government is always covering their backsides at the expense of support payors (a major factor in awarding non-compensatory spousal support as per the theory)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X